Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access at ICN?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:32 am

I flew from Incheon Terminal 1 on Vietnam Airlines Business class in Nov 19. The check in staff told me to use the KAL Lounge, which is located in the main terminal (before taking the train to the concourse). Subsequently, I read on the internet that this KAL Lounge was quite new, opened in June 2019. It felt like a modern lounge, though the food offerings weren't great. From the front signage, it looked like this lounge served SkyTeam Alliance Business class passengers. I searched my Priority Pass app and couldn't find this lounge.

I made a video of the KAL Lounge at Terminal 1 Incheon, if anybody is interested.

Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It looks very nice, but are you sure that this is a KE lounge in Terminal 1 (the original older terminal) at ICN? KE and most/all SkyTeam flights have moved to the newer Terminal 2, so to me it would seem strange that KE would open a new lounge in T1, especially one that looks much better than the old KE lounge in T1 (before T2 was built) or the new T2 KE lounges.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It looks very nice, but are you sure that this is a KE lounge in Terminal 1 (the original older terminal) at ICN? KE and most/all SkyTeam flights have moved to the newer Terminal 2, so to me it would seem strange that KE would open a new lounge in T1, especially one that looks much better than the old KE lounge in T1 (before T2 was built) or the new T2 KE lounges.
OP stated he flew VN which departs T1, not T2. I agree is a nicer lounge. Not sure why that is the case. However there's numerous reasons for this to be possible.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Passed through ICN T1 yesterday on an OZ flight and indeed see the KAL lounge there. It’s for the handful of remaining ST airlines in the terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.