Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Multiple stops on DL itinery ex-US to Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990

I've found a fairly good fare from Florida to LHR/London in April. The reason it is cheaper is likely because of the stopovers, and routing. Delta quite often drops fares on these unpopular routes. My route would be PNS-ATL-BOS-LHR .. the ATL segment is expected (asI have to change planes to get to Europe.

However now my flight stops in BOS For this stop do I have to disembark w/my carry ons, and wait for an annoucement to re-board? Or even more likely, the BOS-LHR fight is sitting at another gate/concourse.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
it is more likely, even of the flight numbers were the same, that your flight to LHR will be on a totally different plane and gate.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by heckler
I've found a fairly good fare from Florida to LHR/London in April. The reason it is cheaper is likely because of the stopovers, and routing. Delta quite often drops fares on these unpopular routes. My route would be PNS-ATL-BOS-LHR .. the ATL segment is expected (asI have to change planes to get to Europe.

However now my flight stops in BOS For this stop do I have to disembark w/my carry ons, and wait for an annoucement to re-board? Or even more likely, the BOS-LHR fight is sitting at another gate/concourse.
As UKtravelbear mentioned, it is likely you will still switch planes even if the flight number is the same. This is called a change of gauge and is (in my opinion) deceptive marketing.

Even if the plane was the same (unlikely, but perhaps they have a 767 or A330 in rotation between ATL-BOS that ends up flying BOS-LHR), they will indeed make you get off the plane. I don't think Delta does any true "direct but not non-stop" flights (meaning you can stay on the plane) anymore.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Check whether your flight is operated by Delta or is a Delta codeshare flight number operated by Virgin Atlantic. If the latter, your ATL-BOS flight will land at Terminal A while your BOS-LHR flight could depart from Terminal E, the international terminal, which is a 10-15 minute walk outside security from A.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by CarmenOM; Feb 9, 2019 at 2:06 pm
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Also keep an eye for schedule changes between now and departure that would allow you to change to a more streamlined itinerary at no charge
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Fort international, it might be a security rule that everyone must get off the aircraft and take all belongings so that the aircraft can be searched for anything left behind by a person who is not continuing on the next segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.