Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ed Bastian Thoughts on SLC Hub/Possible Asia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ed Bastian Thoughts on SLC Hub/Possible Asia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Didn’t DL just say this week that SEA is their fastest growing hub on the 5 year anniversary? Seems like they’re talking out of both sides just to please local media.
+1

Didn't DL used to say that MEM as a hub was safe? Where's MEM now? They can make a nice infographic to celebrate SEA's hub anniversary (cheap) and then make cuts the next Saturday if they wanted to. Would take what a company says with a grain of salt.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by amanuensis
Quoting from the article that Happy Dad linked to:

Additional details provided by Bastian are that that the Skyclub in the new SLC airport will be 3X the size of the existing one and that SLC will be a base for the A220.
Strange as Delta took over the old North West routes from Tokyo. I would assume the real issue was the availability of flights from Tokyo to JFK or IAD or LAX where tourists and business travelers want to go and pricing with a connection can be fierce to make money on consistently.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:30 pm

Would you expect anything else? Seattle makes a lot of sense as a hub but the new SLC terminal is pretty great. Couples well with their airport geometry for short taxi, fast climb outs and light air traffic.
Still, Seattle seems more logical for most west coast traffic and connections, but local media and municipal tax breaks will make people say all sorts of stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.