Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Upgrade Success (Or Lack Thereof)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
I agree on the possibility that it was a last minute purchase but both of them and me were standing at the gate prior to boarding. I have flown with her before in the past few weeks and I know that she isn't a 360.
Oh ok, so maybe he wasn't invited back to 360 this year (and left on the tags from last year), or just picked up the tag on Ebay.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Oh ok, so maybe he wasn't invited back to 360 this year (and left on the tags from last year), or just picked up the tag on Ebay.
your guess is as good as mine, but they were the new style 360 tags... I was joking about eBay, but am curious how the 360 didn't get the upgrade
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
your guess is as good as mine, but they were the new style 360 tags... I was joking about eBay, but am curious how the 360 didn't get the upgrade
That's pretty strange...
Old Mar 26, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Or maybe the person is a 360 on a BE ticket. I've found that Delta will move medallions up to C+ even if they have a BE ticket if they need the seats in the back for no-status BE pax.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:04 am

He could have been on the flight via SDS, and hence not on the upgrade list. Or she could have been a paid F passenger on irrops from another flight (which if F was booked full before the gate took control would mean she would be ahead of a 360).
Old Mar 26, 2019, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
A few recent flights, all corporate Q fares -- went 2/4 on F:

RDU - LGA CR9, cleared at PM window
LGA - DFW A220, #9 for 0, declined C+ (only middle left when booked), exit row instead
DFW - LGA A220, #5 for 0, C+ at booking
LGA - RDU CR9, cleared at PM window
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Only 4 domestic flights so far this year, second year as a PM, 4/4 100%

SMF-SEA Cleared at window
SEA-ANC Cleared at gate
ANC-SEA Cleared at gate
SEA-SMF Cleared at window

2018 I was about 75%., including one RUC JFK-LAX

I'd give anything to trade my almost worthless 4 RUCs or one GUC
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Return trip - award ticket MSY-RDU

MSY-ATL, I was 4th for 3 so missed the upgrade at the gate.
ATL-RDU, I was 1st for 4.
But, the timing was interesting. For both flights, the gate upgrades cleared at 1 hour before scheduled departure. Nice.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
He could have been on the flight via SDS, and hence not on the upgrade list.
As a former AA loyalist newish to Delta, the one big downgrade of Delta is the inability to get on upgrade list as a standby. Many times on AA would standby and clear to F.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nickflies
As a former AA loyalist newish to Delta, the one big downgrade of Delta is the inability to get on upgrade list as a standby. Many times on AA would standby and clear to F.
It cuts both ways. It's only a negative if you standby a lot. I rarely standby and I'm sure I've received gate upgrades I wouldn't have received if DMs on the standby list could have cleared ahead of me.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by nickflies
What difference does it make? In practice, upgrades are processed way before the standby list, so even if you can get on the upgrade list, by the time you're confirmed on the flight F is full anyway. Are you suggesting that you should be able to get an upgrade before you're even confirmed for the flight? How would this work logistically?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
It cuts both ways. It's only a negative if you standby a lot. I rarely standby and I'm sure I've received gate upgrades I wouldn't have received if DMs on the standby list could have cleared ahead of me.
I've done 6 segments this year on standby (and probably 20 last year), which I am guessing is a lot compared to most DMs, and it's never even occurred to me to be irritated about not getting upgraded. I was just happy I was able to get on the flight.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
This morning (Wednesday) - Platinum, no reserve

RDU-ATL (A321) - Cleared at T-1. 3rd of 34 for 4.
ATL-MDW (717) - Was 5th of 10 for 0 when I woke up, at the gate I ended up as 4th of 10 for 3.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I got upgraded at the 120 hour window for IAD-MSP on Monday 4/1. Let's hope this is not an "April Fool's Day" trick and I lose my upgrade at the gate.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
LGA-BHM - As FO was upgraded to C+ about 30 minutes prior to boarding, after being #1 on the list (and the only one on the list) since T-24. 4 C+ seats left empty.
Air Houston likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.