Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

clearing customs at ATL arriving from YVR BC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

clearing customs at ATL arriving from YVR BC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
US CBP at YVR is open until 10:30PM -- US Customs and Border Protection YVR
There's a Plaza Premium lounge in the US pre-clearance area that takes Priority Pass -- https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...usa-departures
Don't know how busy it is at that time, but I'd probably get there 2 - 2.5 hours prior to flight (depending on whether you are checking luggage) if you want to avoid any hassles.
According to you link, it closes at 8:30, not 10:30.

Last edited by SJC ORD LDR; Nov 27, 2018 at 8:26 am
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:00 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
[LEFT]

you will clear customs [MENTION=8369]YVR[/MENTION] if you get there early enough...
wut

you can't just get there early and pre-clear. That would mean there's a mix of pre-cleared and uncleared passengers on the same plane. It should be obvious why this isn't allowed.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pvn
wut

you can't just get there early and pre-clear. That would mean there's a mix of pre-cleared and uncleared passengers on the same plane. It should be obvious why this isn't allowed.
Logic is irrelevant.

When you get to ATL you will go left off the jetway if you had preclearance in YVR, right if you didn't. Honor system my friend, works every time. Delta will mark your bag as such so they know where to put it.

Unless you ate the lettuce... oops wrong thread.

I am pretty sure other than for causing deja vu (thanks to merge?), this thread is not very helpful, so much conflicting information, twice.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Assuming not the later flight.... assume leaving YVR on Delta mid day.

The SkyTeam Lounge is in international terminal, not US preclearance terminal right? Can you get into international gates with your boarding pass, then get to US customs without going through security again?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by defrosted
Assuming not the later flight.... assume leaving YVR on Delta mid day.

The SkyTeam Lounge is in international terminal, not US preclearance terminal right? Can you get into international gates with your boarding pass, then get to US customs without going through security again?
Yes. YVR has a setup to allow this. However it is a pain. Unless you're on the ATL non-preclearance flight It's just not worth it.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
According to you like, it closes at 8:30, not 10:30.
Posted earlier. The link says 2030. Commoningly gets confused as 1030 by those not use to 24hr time.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by defrosted
Logic is irrelevant.

When you get to ATL you will go left off the jetway if you had preclearance in YVR, right if you didn't. Honor system my friend, works every time. Delta will mark your bag as such so they know where to put it.

Unless you ate the lettuce... oops wrong thread.

I am pretty sure other than for causing deja vu (thanks to merge?), this thread is not very helpful, so much conflicting information, twice.
Honor system? The flight would leave from international portion of the terminal, and all pax clear at ATL.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Yes. YVR has a setup to allow this. However it is a pain. Unless you're on the ATL non-preclearance flight It's just not worth it.
​​​​​​Actually, you will be asked to clear security where your flight departs. You can't go to the international area when your flight departs from the transborder section.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Honor system? The flight would leave from international portion of the terminal, and all pax clear at ATL.
It's cleary a joking post.

​​​​​​Actually, you will be asked to clear security where your flight departs. You can't go to the international area when your flight departs from the transborder section.
I've gone through security at the international/domestic portion before. Couple of times they were suggesting some passengers go that route due to delay at the transborder security checkpoint. Regardless of if they allow it that day or not, it's a waste of time and a pain unless there's a problem at normal checkpoint.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Posted earlier. The link says 2030. Commonly gets confused as 1030 by those not use to 24hr time.
I think the other post said 8:00, which is still not in line with the link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.