Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyMiles credit on SU flight operated by Rossiya Airlines (Aeroflot subsidiary)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMiles credit on SU flight operated by Rossiya Airlines (Aeroflot subsidiary)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I bought an Aeroflot marketed flight operated by Rossiya and put my SkyMiles number in there.

Credited to my account with zero miles. Don't expect to receive any miles on anything not operated by Aeroflot itself.
Was it a fare class that earns credit on DL?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Was it a fare class that earns credit on DL?
Supposedly yes - if it were operated by SU, they told me. Because it was operated by a non-ST partner, I was denied.

Similar to the CityJet operated but AF marketed flights to LCY. Elite plus benefits but no DL credit once the flight posted.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Supposedly yes - if it were operated by SU, they told me. Because it was operated by a non-ST partner, I was denied.

Similar to the CityJet operated but AF marketed flights to LCY. Elite plus benefits but no DL credit once the flight posted.
This is what I would have expected before reading the positive reports earlier in this thread. AFAIK they're separate carriers, so it's not like DL Connection.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is what I would have expected before reading the positive reports earlier in this thread. AFAIK they're separate carriers, so it's not like DL Connection.
DL connection are separate carriers. However, like some AF Cityjet flights, they're operated on behalf of the marketing airline. They're not codeshares where the marketing airline sells a seat on OAL flight.

AF1116 CDG-DUB is eligible for SM credit. It's operated on behalf of AF by Cityjet.
DL5720 is eligible for FB credit. It's operated on behalf of DL by Compass.

AF3800 CDG-AUH is NOT eligible for SM credit. It's operated by Etihad for Etihad. AF is simply selling seats on the EY32 flight.
DL6798 is not eligible for FB credit. It's operated by Virgin Australia for Virgin Australia. DL is simply selling seats on VA002.

Cityjet stopped operating it's own flights in October 2018. Thus all AF coded Cityjet flights are now on behalf of Air France and thus eligible for credit.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL connection are separate carriers. However, like some AF Cityjet flights, they're operated on behalf of the marketing airline. They're not codeshares where the marketing airline sells a seat on OAL flight.
Did you invent the terminology here (on behalf of), or is there somewhere that this is used? I can't find anything, and have asked directly here how you can tell, but no response.

It sounds like you have decided that if an airline doesn't sell their own flights, then they are now operating 'on behalf' of another airline. Your example is CityJet.

However, Rossiya DOES operate their own flights and sell their own seats (maybe not on all routes?). In some cases SU codeshares on are on flights that are also sold by the operating carrier. So your definition kind of breaks down, in this case.

So I'll ask again, where did you find this definition 'on behalf of' and how do you determine if a codeshare is 'on behalf of' or just a normal codeshare?

Last edited by CPMaverick; Nov 13, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Simple. It's how the airlines phrase it. Goto flightstats and plug in the flights I listed. It'll tell operated on behalf of or operated by depending on type of codeshare. This has been discussed previously on FT. Also in this forum specifically in regards to Cityjet flights.

AS for
However, Rossiya DOES operate their own flights and sell their own seats (maybe not on all routes?). In some cases SU codeshares on are on flights that are also sold by the operating carrier. So your definition kind of breaks down, in this case.
You've misunderstood what was said. I never said they don't operate any flights at all. In fact it's why I posted the Cityjet example. Till October Cityjet ran some flight on their own and some on behalf of other airlines. Thus why you got credit on some AF coded Cityjet flights, but not others. It depended on if the particular flight was operated on behalf of AF or was an AF codeshare on an actual WX flight. Same reason could book some AF coded Cityjet flights, but not others using Skymiles.

Last edited by flyerCO; Nov 13, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Simple. It's how the airlines phrase it. Goto flightstats and plug in the flight I listed. It'll tell operated on behalf of or operated by depending on type of codeshare. This has been discussed previously on FT. Also in this forum specifically in regards to Cityjet flights.
Cheers, thanks
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by dmitriy55

So far they look to have two flights at day (at least on some days), one each operated by Aeroflot and Rossiya

Looks like they are still running up into end of Dec, at least. Rossiya is slightly cheaper tix, but, yes, I hear the seat pitch and service are worse. Good thing, though, they are running a non-ER 777-300, which are doing to become a rare aircraft soon enough. Anyways, possibly to fly "normal" SU metal and Rossiya in each direction and see the difference for oneself.
Kamchatka is definitely not double daily every day, same for Sakhalin (I flew there about 3 weeks ago), I think they're between 9-12 a week each, unlike Khabarovsk (at least twice daily) and Vladivostok (thrice daily).

I actually did what you did between Moscow and Vladivostok, not that I paid too much attention to the aircraft but yeah Rossiya was less than desirable. Have fun!
Old Dec 25, 2018, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, TK Elite+, HHonors Gold, FB, UA, AA
Update for everyone

Good news! The Rossiya flight was credited with 100% base miles and MQM (as per the respective SU fare class), 1 MQS and zero MQD. Overall, a great outcome. Skyteam benefits, such as an extra bag, also seemed to have been applicable, although they we not used.
pvn likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
I know it’s been awhile since there was a data point here. I have a J flight US-CDG-LED on AF. The CDG-LED is an AF flight number with a caveat that it is ‘operated by Aeroflot’ on one page and then ‘operated by Rossiya Airlines for Aeroflot’ on another. Is this likely to get mileage credit?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TechMarauder
I know it’s been awhile since there was a data point here. I have a J flight US-CDG-LED on AF. The CDG-LED is an AF flight number with a caveat that it is ‘operated by Aeroflot’ on one page and then ‘operated by Rossiya Airlines for Aeroflot’ on another. Is this likely to get mileage credit?
Yes you should get credit. In this case Rossiya is simply operating the SU flight on behalf of SU. This isnt Rossiya operating (selling) their own flight and SU selling seats on it.

If it doesn't post correctly you'll be in hell getting credit. Most DL agents dont understand the difference between operated on behalf of vs. operated by.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
Ok. Thank you for the quick response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.