Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast to go from MSP?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
Breakfast to go from MSP?

On my way to San Diego on the 8th (birthday present to me! ) and I have a little over an hour to change planes. What's a good place to grab a quick breakfast to pick up and take with me?
Am I unfamiliar with MSP? Oh, you betcha, yeah.

(Just had to throw in the Fargo reference!)

Skycubbie

---------------
thread title changed by Moderator 3Cforme

Last edited by 3Cforme; Nov 6, 2018 at 7:53 pm Reason: more descriptive title
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skycubbie
On my way to San Diego on the 8th (birthday present to me! ) and I have a little over an hour to change planes. What's a good place to grab a quick breakfast to pick up and take with me?

Skycubbie
I like the breakfast pizza and wraps at Black Sheep Pizza and most things ar French Meadow. Also the food at Stone Arch is really good. All 3 are in the mall area so a lot will dependi on where your arrival and connecting gates are at.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by puck021

I like the breakfast pizza and wraps at Black Sheep Pizza and most things ar French Meadow. Also the food at Stone Arch is really good. All 3 are in the mall area so a lot will dependi on where your arrival and connecting gates are at.
I will second Stone Arch. Very good breakfast for airport food.
Assuming you have time of course.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:34 am

French Meadow and Black Sheep are my two favorites! If you have a Priority Pass lounge access - you can go there and get a 15 dollar credit for French Meadow for breakfast - get the homemade granola and greek yogurt and your day will be off to a fantastic start! If really short on time Dunkin Donuts is your best bet as the line is short in Minneapolis because Dunkin is not well known to Minnesotans (something I take advantage of).
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Agree that French Meadow is excellent. Would even be good outside of an airport!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I'm also a fan of the breakfast sandwiches at Smack Shack, also in the main mall.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: Skymiles
I second smack shack!!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Agree that French Meadow is excellent.
I too agree that French Meadow is good, but a one hour connection may not be enough if there is a line.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by skycubbie

Skycubbie
A lot will depend on where you arrive and where you are going out of. MSP is a giant horsehoe shape. If you arrive in A or B or C and have to take the Skyway connector to G, there is a food court right at the bottom of the Skyway connector in C (by C12). Several options there including Chick-Fil-A which is great for a grab-n-go breakfast. If you arrive in A or B you’ll have to pass this regardless of your connection goes out of D, F, or G. If you arrive in D and and have to go to F, you likely won't pass this area.

http://mspairport.com/sites/default/...018%20copy.pdf

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Nov 7, 2018 at 6:13 pm Reason: Fix typos
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:09 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
C: chick-fil-a
E: Angel Food Bakery (also I think the "food truck" area in E has some decent breakfast IIRC)
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
To just grab a good (and big) pastry quickly, I'd do Caribou Coffee if you see one handy. It's our local small chain version of Starbucks, but the coffee doesn't taste burnt. French Meadow bakery is also good, but it might be far from your gate.

IMO some of the other suggestions are good too, but the stuff might be messy/smelly to eat on board.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
To just grab a good (and big) pastry quickly, I'd do Caribou Coffee if you see one handy. It's our local small chain version of Starbucks, but the coffee doesn't taste burnt. French Meadow bakery is also good, but it might be far from your gate.

IMO some of the other suggestions are good too, but the stuff might be messy/smelly to eat on board.
Caribou is no longer our small local chain. Peet’s owns it.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by koreanair720
Agree that French Meadow is excellent. Would even be good outside of an airport!

There is one outside the airport. And, yes, it's also good.
MSPpete and koreanair720 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Not sure about food specifically, but every time I pads through MSP, I hit up World Bean for a latte. Their coffee is some of the best I've had and I prefer it to Caribou. Located between gates G18-22.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:44 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
World bean is definitely good but it's waaaaay out of the way at the very end of G.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.