Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast to go from MSP?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:45 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I just measured it on google maps, it's actually shorter from the far end of G, across the mall to french meadow than from the close end of A to french meadow (by a hair, 0.53 miles to 0.56 miles).

C is longer than people realize.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yeah, C is long but most people never go beyond the elevator/escalator and airside walkway to G. The far end of C seems more like A/B and AFAIK again is mostly tiny airplanes.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I once walked into E just far enough to see the UA lounge.
When I work at MSP (and that hasn't happened in years now), it's in a room in Concourse E off a stairwell.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Originally Posted by pvn
I just measured it on google maps, it's actually shorter from the far end of G, across the mall to french meadow than from the close end of A to french meadow (by a hair, 0.53 miles to 0.56 miles).

C is longer than people realize.
Not a surprise as the A/B/C misshapen part of the “H”, a super long leg that is parellel to the shorter G leg. The tram is the only way to get from A/B/highC gates in a responsible time. I’d cut across at the C/G crossing and grab the tram to French Meadow rather than walking through the often crowded Mall.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
On a completely different note, I had no idea Priority Pass works for French Meadow. This is happy news for me! ��
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by yohanson
When I work at MSP (and that hasn't happened in years now), it's in a room in Concourse E off a stairwell.
Now the UA lounge entry opens directly into the E concourse.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Obvious conclusion from this thread: MSP has much better non-skyclub dining options than ATL. (yes, yes, i know about One Flew South, but that's the exception that proves the rule.)
Oh, I'm not so sure about that! ATL has a wonderful restaurant/bookstore modeled after a Viennese coffee house called Cafe Intermezzo in the B Concourse. It's my addiction whenever I'm traversing ATL. You should see the tortes on offer in the glass case beyond the host desk.

Skycubbie
In2ishn likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skycubbie
Oh, I'm not so sure about that! ATL has a wonderful restaurant/bookstore modeled after a Viennese coffee house called Cafe Intermezzo in the B Concourse. It's my addiction whenever I'm traversing ATL. You should see the tortes on offer in the glass case beyond the host desk.

Skycubbie
I will have check it out. Bookstores with snackies are my jam
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by yohanson
I think you mean the viewing lounge that some airport employees use as a place to read or eat. I was last up there on the day of the "last" DC-9 flight. At that time, the furniture was looking worn and somewhat dirty, perhaps comparable to the worst SC.

The Escape lounge is usually pretty good and quiet, especially since it stopped accepting PP in favor of AmEx Plat/Centurion cards. It was absolutely wonderful during a DL IT meltdown when I couldn't even get/stay on wifi at the SC.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by In2ishn

I will have check it out. Bookstores with snackies are my jam

Behold Cafe Intermezzo!

In2ishn likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 4:55 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
[LEFT][LEFT]I think you mean the viewing lounge that some airport employees use as a place to read or eat. I was last up there on the day of the "last" DC-9 flight. At that time, the furniture was looking worn and somewhat dirty, perhaps comparable to the worst SC.
The observation deck is in D
Old Nov 8, 2018, 6:53 am
Original Poster

What I picked and where I now am!

Their omelette with Spam better not disappoint!😂
In2ishn and jrkmsp like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:21 am
Suspended

Well MN is the home of Spam! Do they have anything good on tap? It’s always 5 o’clock in the airport!
skycubbie likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

Both Peet’s and Caribou are owned by a German conglomerate.
JAB Holdings. They also own >70% of Keurig-Dr. Pepper (publicly traded: KDP), Panera Bread, Krispy Kreme and a few others.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by In2ishn
Well MN is the home of Spam! Do they have anything good on tap? It’s always 5 o’clock in the airport!
Ha! It was a little too early to sample any of the micro brews on tap. Besides, that spam and eggs omelette was singing to me. 😂

I should add: the Stone Arch recommendation was spot on. My youngest had the best biscuits and gravy I can recall having tried outside the South.
The majestic Spam and egg and mushroom and caramelised onion omelette.

Bad lighting for the photo but that is the biscuits and gravy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.