Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tenth Anniversary of DL/NW merger

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Miss flying the 747 upper deck in WBC for infra-Asia for only 15K miles RT.

I remember my first phantom UG too, felt just as special as my first FC UG as SE.
GUWonder and Ordhater like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I miss the NRT hub and its availability to get me to many airports in Asia, such as SIN, on DL metal. KE ICN lounges are terrible, KE saves the best seats for their own people, and it's difficult and expensive to get upgrades on the KE intraAsia connecting flights.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by indufan
I know there have been increases in certain areas but at that time Delta (and as far as I know NW) had 25,000 miles as a minimum for any award ticket and there are a lot of them out there for way fewer than that these days.
NW’s minimum was below DL’s 25k mile minimum.

Lots for me to miss about NW, including primarily the FFP aspect and pricing deals.
indufan and Singleflyer like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 6:11 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by LL1056
As a former employee of 20+ years with Northwest and still in this industry I love, I miss working for the company and greatful of all the opportunities I was given, the talented people who influenced my career and the customers I was able to interact with. There are days I wish the company could have survived as a stand alone carrier.
Reading the thread - saw your note - Welcome to FT! I have never seen such a long lurker - 2008 March to Oct 2018!
Old Feb 23, 2023, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I miss the NRT hub and its availability to get me to many airports in Asia, such as SIN, on DL metal. KE ICN lounges are terrible, KE saves the best seats for their own people, and it's difficult and expensive to get upgrades on the KE intraAsia connecting flights.
It really is remarkable to see how the Asia network inherited by NW was completely dismantled. Obviously, covid didn’t help things but DL is a shell of what it was in Asia following the merger with NW. If I’m not mistaken, DL only serves 3 cities in Asia with their own metal these days; ICN, HND, and PVG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.