Wiki Posts
Search

CR9 breakfast BTV-ATL expectations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

CR9 breakfast BTV-ATL expectations

Delta is only asking about $90 more for first class than coach minus from btv-atl. Seems like it's worth it. Flight is listed as "breakfast" any idea what they serve ? I don't think they have oven so thinking cereal probably no breads? Do they do mixed drinks like screwdrivers or bloody Mary's on the morning flights, trying to justify the pretty low price from econony minus to first class on a cr9.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:44 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
generally the CRJ9 breakfasts I've had have been a choice between a ham/egg/cheese sandwich and... cheerios.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Should be full open bar
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:49 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
the way to justify buying up to F on this route

1) the 480 extra MQMs you'll get.
2) checked bag allowance
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
3)Seat 1A if available is the best F seat IMO.
Webogirl likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by cinnamontoast
Delta is only asking about $90 more for first class than coach minus from btv-atl. Seems like it's worth it. Flight is listed as "breakfast" any idea what they serve ? I don't think they have oven so thinking cereal probably no breads? Do they do mixed drinks like screwdrivers or bloody Mary's on the morning flights, trying to justify the pretty low price from econony minus to first class on a cr9.
All alcoholic beverages should be on the menu
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
They do have an oven
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:50 am

CRJ-900 Breakfast Oct/2018

Grainy ultra lowlight example of the CR9 breakfast from YUL-ATL. What it lacked in presentation it made up for in taste.

Would totally avoid the bulkhead on this aircraft. Perhaps the worst seats in the fleet. 1A, complete and total disaster, the proximity of the lavatory may be bothersome. The tray table is in the armrest, making the armrest immovable and slightly reducing seat width. There is no floor storage for this seat during take-off and landing. The window is usually scratched from the jetway canopy, significantly reducing visibility.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach

Grainy ultra lowlight example of the CR9 breakfast from YUL-ATL. What it lacked in presentation it made up for in taste.

Would totally avoid the bulkhead on this aircraft. Perhaps the worst seats in the fleet. 1A, complete and total disaster, the proximity of the lavatory may be bothersome. The tray table is in the armrest, making the armrest immovable and slightly reducing seat width. There is no floor storage for this seat during take-off and landing. The window is usually scratched from the jetway canopy, significantly reducing visibility.
I'm also not a fan of bulkhead (on this flight and in general), but different strokes for different folks
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: DL GM/Hilton Gold
I love 1A and 3A on a CR9. On my connections out of MSP or DTW to SAT, I'm always happy on the occasions they have a breakfast sandwich.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: DL GM/Hilton Gold
Oh, when stuck with cereal though, I really wish the croissants were warned a little. Sick of only slightly thawed bread.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Webogirl
I love 1A and 3A on a CR9. On my connections out of MSP or DTW to SAT, I'm always happy on the occasions they have a breakfast sandwich.
I've seen people complain about being moved out of 1A on CRJ7/9 or E70/5. Every gate agent I've talked to said people love it and it's the one seat in a bulkhead people request. Its not like a bulkhead on a 739, which is what I think most people think of .
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
I'm going to say, for all the possible reasons to upgrade to F, breakfast on the airplane has to be pretty low.
Duke787 and perkele like this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
CRJ-900 Breakfast Oct/2018

The traytable is in the armrest for ALL F seats, so by that logic all F seats have slightly reduced with, but still more room than coach. The bulkhead is not cramped like mainline aircraft. I would not hesitate to take 1A if its open (you will usually get first choice of meal), but my favorite seats are 2A/3A. The first row of C+ actually has the most legroom of any seats on the a/c, even more than any seat if F. I would not buy F solely for the meal...you will be disappointed.
Duke787 and MarkP24 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.