Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by kipper
My heart isn't in it, but I feel like I need to post this...
raising a g&t for you on Thirst-day
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
raising a g&t for you on Thirst-day
Thanks. I probably should've consumed more alcohol than I did tonight, but I opted to consume cannoli ice cream instead.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm sorry, kipper. I lurk more than post inn this thread but wanted to say something because your love for him always came through so strongly.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
We just got the dreaded return-to-office email. Apparently they're being flexible by having us work from home one day a week, but otherwise we'll be in the office 100% starting August 2nd. I thought I had until September -- I now have two trips I need to cancel.

Or there's always the alternative...

-J.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
We just got the dreaded return-to-office email. Apparently they're being flexible by having us work from home one day a week, but otherwise we'll be in the office 100% starting August 2nd. I thought I had until September -- I now have two trips I need to cancel.

-J.
My company is returning to the office as of July 1, although some of us are being permitted to WFH as we have, without committing to being in the office at all.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by kipper
My company is returning to the office as of July 1, although some of us are being permitted to WFH as we have, without committing to being in the office at all.
That would have been nice. I think I get more done from home than I do in the office.

We're in an office-wide meeting now and they're talking about changing the organizational structure too. Clearly downplaying the return-to-office.

EDIT: they didn't mention return-to-office even once. It was just about the org changes.

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Jun 25, 2021 at 1:39 pm
Old Jun 26, 2021, 4:40 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
but the first

Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
If they give you a choice, take Fridays at home. We had a 3:45 hour drive from your company's location to our NJ home yesterday. I figured that your commute would have been 2:15 - 2:30. The worst trip ever for us on this route but the first on a Friday afternoon. Never again on a Friday. The trip out that morning was 55 minutes.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 6:22 pm

Trick question I'd only be asking in 2021- My home airport did 1.7 million passengers in 2019. If I have Sky Priority and TSA-PreCheck, is getting there 2.5 hours early enough to catch my flight next weekend? Discussion material below-

https://www.yelp.com/biz/destin-fort...air-force-base

I mean it was way crowded in May but the airport authority seems to think that just because Eglin AFB lets them have X number of slots every day, it's okay to use them all.

Counting down to the point in 2022 when the sunburnt Allegiant masses get their own terminal building, which seems like it should help. (Ot at least the rest of us wouldn't notice how dysfunctional they are since they'll be properly hidden from view)
Old Jun 26, 2021, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Happy SATurday from LAS! We had a nice day so far of Red Rock Canyon in the morning and then visiting a couple breweries with some friends we were stationed with in SAT. Evening pool time now!

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Trick question I'd only be asking in 2021- My home airport did 1.7 million passengers in 2019. If I have Sky Priority and TSA-PreCheck, is getting there 2.5 hours early enough to catch my flight next weekend? Discussion material below-

https://www.yelp.com/biz/destin-fort...air-force-base

I mean it was way crowded in May but the airport authority seems to think that just because Eglin AFB lets them have X number of slots every day, it's okay to use them all.

Counting down to the point in 2022 when the sunburnt Allegiant masses get their own terminal building, which seems like it should help. (Ot at least the rest of us wouldn't notice how dysfunctional they are since they'll be properly hidden from view)
That’s quite a change from 2010-2014 when I lived there and they had 4 destinations: ATL on DL, DFW on AA, CLT on US, and IAH on CO/UA. US did fly nonstop to DCA as well for awhile, but I took that CR2 flight one time and chose to connect in ATL from then on.

Last edited by mattp1987; Jun 26, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Old Jun 26, 2021, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
If they give you a choice, take Fridays at home. We had a 3:45 hour drive from your company's location to our NJ home yesterday. I figured that your commute would have been 2:15 - 2:30. The worst trip ever for us on this route but the first on a Friday afternoon. Never again on a Friday. The trip out that morning was 55 minutes.
I have a feeling it will be Fridays (as it is currently), but it will probably be whatever day they tell me to take. Usually it takes me 50 minutes to get there in the morning; coming home takes 80-100 minutes.

I drove to Quogue this morning with more traffic than I'm used to, and it took about 80 minutes. Not sure how long it took to come home since I made a couple of stops along the way. I did get to meet my cousin's 10-week-old baby which was nice.

-J.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by mattp1987
That’s quite a change from 2010-2014 when I lived there and they had 4 destinations: ATL on DL, DFW on AA, CLT on US, and IAH on CO/UA. US did fly nonstop to DCA as well for awhile, but I took that CR2 flight one time and chose to connect in ATL from then on.
I've been here long enough now to remember the original terminal, which used the same blueprint as a road commission storage barn and airside had only two constantly broken vending machines for sustenance and no public toilets so you had to go back through security if you had to pee. It was there I learned to dislike ASA- Satan's Commuter airline as rather by a major US customer satisfaction survey.

I've always really appreciated the new terminal there but I guess for the rest of the summer I need to reset my expectations to 'at least there are toilets airside now and this is a reasonably nice wall to lean up against since there are no open chairs anywhere at all, even in the Allegiant dungeon'.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I've been here long enough now to remember the original terminal, which used the same blueprint as a road commission storage barn and airside had only two constantly broken vending machines for sustenance and no public toilets so you had to go back through security if you had to pee. It was there I learned to dislike ASA- Satan's Commuter airline as rather by a major US customer satisfaction survey.

I've always really appreciated the new terminal there but I guess for the rest of the summer I need to reset my expectations to 'at least there are toilets airside now and this is a reasonably nice wall to lean up against since there are no open chairs anywhere at all, even in the Allegiant dungeon'.
I recall this ancient small terminal too from when we lived in the Panhandle at Eglin in the early 90s. Even pre-9/11 only ticketed passengers were allowed through security. And it wasn’t uncommon for people who flew in to visit us say they got directed to lower their window shades after landing. Does that still happen now at VPS on occasion?

I flew out of VPS twice, both times on American Eagle Saab 340s to BNA when AA had a hub at BNA. My parents frequently took the ASA hops via ATL and NW via MEM for work travel. My parents always joked that when on ASA that your bags always came in on the flight after yours, especially if you were on the EMB-120s. Seemed like all the luggage wouldn’t catch up for the day until the ATR-72 came in in the evening.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In a room of thirty random people, the odds are pretty good that two (or more) of them will have the same birthday.
I am leap year baby. Odds are very slim
MSPeconomist and Zorak like this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I recall this ancient small terminal too from when we lived in the Panhandle at Eglin in the early 90s. Even pre-9/11 only ticketed passengers were allowed through security. And it wasn’t uncommon for people who flew in to visit us say they got directed to lower their window shades after landing. Does that still happen now at VPS on occasion?
I've had it happen once or twice when the F-35s first showed up there for initial debugging but it's been a while. I think the base doesn't do as much really spooky R&D as they used to.
ATOBTTR likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:47 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi all,

It's been over 1 year now. My old cat Sunny is gone. We are missing her very much. She was very good cat. We have her for 15 years. So now, we have new cat Jennifer home. She is a very sweet cat. She loves me very much. She always sleep with me on my bed for every night and all day long. She/s so cute. Everybody says she's cute!
I am happy that you have a new cat who you love and also loves you. Give her a little hug from O2K
N830MH likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.