Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2021, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Thanks for the info. We can't wait for travel to Europe to open. While we can't save the world, we can spend some $ to help some economies.
True. We usually travel to Europe in October (for the Frankfurt Book Fair and for some other business my husband does at that time). It's weird how much the rhythm of our lives have been set to our fall Europe trip: go to Europe in October; of late, go on a cruise in November; come home to spend the holidays with friends; re-charge in the winter and early spring (with short hops to visit family in the Caribbean in the winter); spend May traveling; spend the summer preparing to do it all over again. This past year has been an odd exercise in learning how to live without travel. We are, quite frankly, not very good at it. But perhaps we are learning.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 12:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
Mine says 10-14 business days.

I assume you'll be staying home on Monday?
Yes, of course. I'm not crazy. In fact, I would advise people to avoid expressways near downtown (I-35W seemed to be a favorite of protestors last summer) and Brooklyn Center, light rail, MOA, and MSP airport as well as downtown, uptown, Lake Street, and a wide area around 38th and Chicago.

BTW, I heard that the guy shot in Brooklyn Center will have some sort of a memorial service at 38th and Chicago at the end of next week. I suspect the funeral will be huge and filled with protestors.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 7:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Today was a disappointment. The study was running behind schedule and they ended up sending us home without getting to taste anything. We will get paid anyway, but I was looking forward to trying it. It was supposed to be a hard seltzer product from a very well known iced tea brand (named after a state in the southwest) and there were four flavors to try.

-J.
Like this?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by hhdl
Like this?
I signed an NDA so I can't confirm or deny that's it. But I'm certainly not denying it. It looks good! But I'm not about to go out and actually spend money on it just to try it.

-J.
hhdl likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I just discarded an almost complete nest from my balcony. Green has been deployed and Dot is on deck as soon as I get some double-sided tape. Hopefully that will avoid the trouble of fresh eggs.

-J.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: one of the pigeons has made friends with Green, and now there are three pigeons on the balcony

It may be time to take more drastic measures.

-J.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Happy SATurday Lounge. Pretty cool day for this time of year in San Antonio (and we'll have lows in the 40s). I won't complain though.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:55 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Update: one of the pigeons has made friends with Green, and now there are three pigeons on the balcony

-J.
What would a more drastic measure be? A big hangry cat?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:57 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

-J.
Perhaps the drastic measures should include cooking the pigeons?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the last four or so hours, the feathered faction built another nest (with the help of Green ), which I have now discarded.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What would a more drastic measure be? A big hangry cat?
I was thinking more along the lines of bird or rat poison, since I am allergic to cats.

Hopefully not.

As I was writing this post, they came back and had started on a third nest. I removed the winter cover from the chairs, since they like to go under there to build the nest. While I was doing that one of the birds kept trying to bring a stick. I just ordered some of this stuff, and I'm hoping it ships quickly. It isn't cheap, but at this point it is necessary.

-J.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Lol! I have a old picture. When I flew to Venice, Italy. Me and pigeons came on my hands. It’s so funny! When I feed a pigeons. My brother take a picture of me.

Here’s a picture:
obscure2k, GW McLintock and Zorak like this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:20 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
In the last four or so hours, the feathered faction built another nest (with the help of Green ), which I have now discarded.

I was thinking more along the lines of bird or rat poison, since I am allergic to cats.

Hopefully not.

As I was writing this post, they came back and had started on a third nest. I removed the winter cover from the chairs, since they like to go under there to build the nest. While I was doing that one of the birds kept trying to bring a stick. I just ordered some of this stuff, and I'm hoping it ships quickly. It isn't cheap, but at this point it is necessary.

-J.
Good luck with that.
Originally Posted by N830MH
Lol! I have a old picture. When I flew to Venice, Italy. Me and pigeons came on my hands. It’s so funny! When I feed a pigeons. My brother take a picture of me.

Here’s a picture:
Nice photo!
N830MH likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere

Hopefully not.

-J.
Originally Posted by N830MH

Here’s a picture:
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife service uses strychnine laced corn. You can scatter that on the balcony while playing this song

You can use some miles and bring N830MH to Queens to get all of the pigeons to congregate in a neighborhood park (if they have any of those in your neighborhood). Scotty is obviously 'The Pigeon Whisperer'.

You could also exercise your entrepreneurial talents and, since you had previously mentioned that you didn't have a French restaurant in the neighborhood, open one specializing in pigeon. There should be large profit ensuing since you have a supply you can use and, if you manage to deplete the pigeon population in the hood, I'm sure that people all over the city will be glad to bring you theirs, You could even start to do regional specialties.

Just start to think outside the box
N830MH and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 3:05 pm

Are people allowed to kill pigeons in NYC? In many places, it's forbidden to execute nuisance wildlife, although you might be able to pay some control company a lot to relocate the critters. [I've been told that Texas is largely an exception for this in that, for instance, you're allowed to shoot wild boar on your property at any time.]
Old Apr 17, 2021, 3:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Uh-oh, they're colluding against you now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.