Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Morning, and Happy Friyay!!!
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Hi all from cold, cloudy and windy Northern FL. Perhaps this vacation was not the best idea to get some sun, after all. Fingers crossed. HOPEFULLY the sun is coming out tomorrow, but man, I had forgotten this area is pretty remote (Both Walmart and Publix are 45 miles away, Costco 70). I'll be watching a lot of videos over the course of the next few weeks.

ATTOBR, glad you made it thru Wed safely. Fingers crossed you make it through the next 2 weeks safely as well. What a strange and incredibly sad time we are living in right now.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Hi all from cold, cloudy and windy Northern FL. Perhaps this vacation was not the best idea to get some sun, after all. Fingers crossed. HOPEFULLY the sun is coming out tomorrow, but man, I had forgotten this area is pretty remote (Both Walmart and Publix are 45 miles away, Costco 70). I'll be watching a lot of videos over the course of the next few weeks.

ATTOBR, glad you made it thru Wed safely. Fingers crossed you make it through the next 2 weeks safely as well. What a strange and incredibly sad time we are living in right now.
It’s a slightly chilly but otherwise beautiful clear day here in DC. Sadly I wish the weather would be incredibly lousy every day over the next two weeks since lousier weather would possibly keep many of those looking to create havoc at bay.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
It’s a slightly chilly but otherwise beautiful clear day here in DC. Sadly I wish the weather would be incredibly lousy every day over the next two weeks since lousier weather would possibly keep many of those looking to create havoc at bay.
I am sure you are going to be busy, but will you drop us a line occasionally (or have Matt drop one for you) just so that we know you are safe? MotherHenJen out
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navi_jen
I am sure you are going to be busy, but will you drop us a line occasionally (or have Matt drop one for you) just so that we know you are safe? MotherHenJen out
I'll try. I don't even know what my full schedule will look like, particularly as what the Inauguration will look like continues to shift around due to various factors, much of that not even related to Wednesday's events but for other reasons. As of now though, while I was working at a downtown location during much of the pre-Inaugural period, I'll be working on a base for the Inaugural Period so hopefully that has me working much further away from any potential chaos as well as (hopefully) working in a more secure location.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you going to change where you're staying (if it's even possible) to be farther from the disruptions?
Old Jan 9, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Happy SATurday everyone! It’s a pretty nice day here which meant more people on the trails than ideal this morning. My wife was able to get her second dose of vaccine today. She was originally scheduled for Monday, but today was exactly three weeks since her first shot. The cats and I are drinking coffee and watching basketball until she gets home from work in a few hours.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:22 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Happy SATurday everyone! It’s a pretty nice day here which meant more people on the trails than ideal this morning. My wife was able to get her second dose of vaccine today. She was originally scheduled for Monday, but today was exactly three weeks since her first shot. The cats and I are drinking coffee and watching basketball until she gets home from work in a few hours.
I hope only one of you and the cats is drinking coffee

It was a gorgeous day here also. I went to one of my usual parks for a walk, and the crowd was maybe a bit above average but it's a lot of space so things weren't too bad.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's been very cloudy here for about two weeks. Most days there's a freezing fog in the morning, so many roads are slick. It's not real cold, but there's still lots of snow on the ground from about two weeks ago. Not pleasant but not bitterly cold or blizzarding either.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
I hope only one of you and the cats is drinking coffee

It was a gorgeous day here also. I went to one of my usual parks for a walk, and the crowd was maybe a bit above average but it's a lot of space so things weren't too bad.
Yes, they sniff the coffee sometimes but have never tried to drink it that I’ve seen. The big one does occasionally try to drink water out of the glass especially if he’s on the bed and the glass is on the night stand. He was very excited about watching basketball.

MSPeconomist, beachmouse and Zorak like this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:44 pm

Is coffee harmful to pets? I've never heard of people guarding it when pets are around. OTOH, IIRC chocolate is poisonous to at least dogs, so if the coffee is really mocha, I guess it could be a problem.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you going to change where you're staying (if it's even possible) to be farther from the disruptions?
To be honest, probably not. Given the amount of stuff I have with me up here, I have no desire to pack-up an entire hotel room, move and then unpack for a couple weeks, then repack and unpack again if I were to return to the hotel I am currently at. I'll have a "go-bag" packed with essentials and if things get dicey enough again to where I consider it prudent to leave, I'll just look at staying with friends in the area, well outside of downtown.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 5:52 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is coffee harmful to pets? I've never heard of people guarding it when pets are around. OTOH, IIRC chocolate is poisonous to at least dogs, so if the coffee is really mocha, I guess it could be a problem.
I believe caffeine is harmful to dogs.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
The weather everywhere is lousy. I'm in NJ and the mornings have been 23 - 25 with wind chills in the mid-teens. My wife told me that New Orleans has been in the 40's with night time lows in the 30's.

Matt, glad t hear that your wife got her second dose of the vaccine. Mine got her first shot last Monday and my first will be this Friday.

The hospital is using many of their facilities that have available space to handle the additional work, as well as still providing their primary function.

I’m going to an OB/GYN facility. My first reaction was that I’ve sent them a lot of business over the years, but going there for treatment would be a first for me. Then I learned that it’s a drive through setup and that I wouldn’t have to get out of the car.

I haven’t gotten my prep instructions but there are things I’m wondering about:
  • Should I drink lots of cranberry juice to avoid a yeast infection? If so, can I mix it with vodka or gin?
  • Do I need to go on a crash diet so that I don’t look pregnant?
  • Do I have to be in the back seat of the car? That was the usual place for related activities.
  • I want to take a selfie with the nurse who gives me the injection but if it’s a guy, I’m not sure I want to invite him to join me in the back seat.
So many unknowns…

I've gotten a lot of advice and guidance from many of my women friends.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
To be honest, probably not. Given the amount of stuff I have with me up here, I have no desire to pack-up an entire hotel room, move and then unpack for a couple weeks, then repack and unpack again if I were to return to the hotel I am currently at. I'll have a "go-bag" packed with essentials and if things get dicey enough again to where I consider it prudent to leave, I'll just look at staying with friends in the area, well outside of downtown.
Good plan. Stay safe.
Way too many crazies out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.