Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2020, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jrl767
the fact that you’re joining in the repartee here provides strong evidence that you don’t really need any sort of content advisory
You do need to be careful, as I'm a California resident, and I haven't seen the slightest hint of a CA Prop 65 Warning on any of your posts.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You do need to be careful, as I'm a California resident, and I haven't seen the slightest hint of a CA Prop 65 Warning on any of your posts.
WARNING: Posting on FlyerTalk is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Old Dec 7, 2020, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
why single me out? I’ve met at least two other Lounge™ regulars who are CA residents, and they never include any sort of disclaimer
Old Dec 7, 2020, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
why single me out? I’ve met at least two other Lounge™ regulars who are CA residents, and they never include any sort of disclaimer
Maybe they don't need the disclaimers.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 5:48 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
the fact that you’re joining in the repartee here provides strong evidence that you don’t really need any sort of content advisory
And, we haven't set them ablaze or the filled the CA skies with smoke...so I think we are doing okay. Tho we may have torched a *few* six packs along the way

Also, did I miss some big event last Thursday? Did the Patent Office bestow its final blessing on us? I mean, I knew we were fabulous, but not THAT fabulous.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by kipper
I agree.
I would have expected better from the Groan Goddess

Maybe they don't need the disclaimers.
you have probably bestowed as many “Groan!” replies on at least one of those two as you have on me

Originally Posted by navi_jen
And, we haven't set them ablaze or the filled the CA skies with smoke...so I think we are doing okay. Tho we may have torched a *few* six packs along the way
truth

Originally Posted by navi_jen
Also, did I miss some big event last Thursday? Did the Patent Office bestow its final blessing on us? I mean, I knew we were fabulous, but not THAT fabulous.
the designation has been around for several years, but we seldom if ever actually use it in routine references
Old Dec 7, 2020, 6:09 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
1) Don't give up your day job.

2) Please never post anything substantially similar to this again without ample warning plus delivery of an appropriate substance one must need to consume to be able to appreciate what would have obviously been the best FT post of the day, but for the lack of warning and lack of appropriate substance.
I agree on the condition that the beverage to be delivered should be a specialty cocktail.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never, prior to today, had I read a post so potentially toxic that it could have used a disclaimer. Also, note that I'm not a long time regular.

And so far, I've spared you from the post that would have gone in the "what gor may treat is DL serving on your socially-distant flight?" (but of course, that thread isn't available for posting). I've decided not to write the rest of the lyrics, and just the tag line from that 1976 One Hit Wonder ...

♫ Snack boxes in flight, D. A. L. delight, aaaaaa D. A. L. delight ...♫
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 6:38 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Never, prior to today, had I read a post so potentially toxic that it could have used a disclaimer. Also, note that I'm not a long time regular.

And so far, I've spared you from the post that would have gone in the "what gor may treat is DL serving on your socially-distant flight?" (but of course, that thread isn't available for posting). I've decided not to write the rest of the lyrics, and just the tag line from that 1976 One Hit Wonder ...

♫ Snack boxes in flight, D. A. L. delight, aaaaaa D. A. L. delight ...♫
Have you joined our beloved GW in his Bugger Do? Today?

Either that or someone is enjoying his extra special Secret Santa edible fungi today

GW McLintock likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never, prior to today, had I read a post so potentially toxic that it could have used a disclaimer.
hmmmmmmmm ... not even in the almost 13 years you've been enjoying Alaska Airlines Bored Room humor?
Also, note that I'm not a long time regular.
that is no one's fault but your own
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:15 pm

I would have expected better from the Groan Goddess

you have probably bestowed as many “Groan!” replies on at least one of those two as you have on me

truth

the designation has been around for several years, but we seldom if ever actually use it in routine references

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I agree on the condition that the beverage to be delivered should be a specialty cocktail.
Can we settle for giant boxes of beer being delivered to each of us?
hmmmmmmmm ... not even in the almost 13 years you've been enjoying Alaska Airlines Bored Room humor?
that is no one's fault but your own

There's a Bored Room???
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

[/color]
There's a Bored Room???
NO, I want one (or more) of the cocktails jrl767 makes. I might be willing to negotiate for nice wine, but not beer unless it's Belgian framboise on a hot day.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a Bored Room???
I invented the term ... As a reference to the airport lounges themselves.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
NO, I want one (or more) of the cocktails jrl767 makes. I might be willing to negotiate for nice wine, but not beer unless it's Belgian framboise on a hot day.
I'd settle for a large box of good beer.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I'd settle for a large box of good beer.
I'll take one of those too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.