Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2020, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
For those with pets, there's an FT Santa Paws exchange in CommunityBuzz.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:20 am

Morning, Lounge.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Good morning! Last night after I finished my project, I was spur-of-the-moment invited to see some friends at the TWA Hotel, so I finally got to see the lobby now that they have renovated. It looks pretty nice! Unfortunately there is no place to get a drink after 10pm, so we ended up coming back to my place and hanging out until 2ish. I only had one drink

Now I am getting ready for my first of two beverage tasting studies this week.

-J.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This must be a recent New York COVID-19 curfew rule. About a month ago, their upper lobby bar with the red seating seemed to be open to at least midnight.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by jrl767
made a quick visit to Mrs767’s cousins to see their newest arrival ... Junior is 11 weeks; they expect he will be bigger than 4-year-old Randall (who’s close to 100 pounds)
Cuteness personified. Thanks for sharing. How is his (assuming) demeanor? Hit the 1st fear stage yet?

Crappy week ended with a 4:30 pm call and a definitive decision to push our go live. Date is likely April (which keeps me busy thru end of May). I feel badly, but it is what it is. Going to be a busy week re-planning the remainder of the project.

I had a busy errand-y weekend. Family zoom Friday night. Tree bought, rearranged the LR furniture to fit said tree, bought/cooked/shredded/vac-packed (using my fancy new vac packer) 120 lbs of chicken for Pumpkin (should get him thru Feb if not March), opened/stored all my Black Friday purchases. Returned black Friday laptop (too big) and ID'd my next one. Country run to replenish of my apple fritter stash (and just a brain break to get out of the house...since the orchard is in a very New England-y area of greater CLE).

Tree finally opened up enough (this morning) to move it into position and start hanging lights. Tonight's reward.

Happy Monday all.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Today was fun. It was not at all what I was expecting. Tune in Thursday to hear more about it.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This must be a recent New York COVID-19 curfew rule. About a month ago, their upper lobby bar with the red seating seemed to be open to at least midnight.
Probably. Things have gone downhill here.

-J.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Today was fun. It was not at all what I was expecting. Tune in Thursday to hear more about it.

Probably. Things have gone downhill here.

-J.
At least you have a hill to go down. Poor flat Florida!
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
At least you have a hill to go down. Poor flat Florida!
Do sand dunes count?
Old Dec 7, 2020, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
in some cases and places they dune, in others they dune not
Old Dec 7, 2020, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Cuteness personified. Thanks for sharing. How is his (assuming) demeanor? Hit the 1st fear stage yet?
they're doing just fine with each other, and the 15-month-old nephew is having a great time with both of 'em
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Tree finally opened up enough (this morning) to move it into position and start hanging lights. Tonight's reward.
today's the last forecast dry day for the near future, so this afternoon will most likely feature a few stops to peruse trees and eventually select one to bring home
navi_jen likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767
in some cases and places they dune, in others they dune not
1) Don't give up your day job.

2) Please never post anything substantially similar to this again without ample warning plus delivery of an appropriate substance one must need to consume to be able to appreciate what would have obviously been the best FT post of the day, but for the lack of warning and lack of appropriate substance.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 4:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester

2) Please never post anything substantially similar to this again without ample warning plus delivery of an appropriate substance one must need to consume to be able to appreciate what would have obviously been the best FT post of the day, but for the lack of warning and lack of appropriate substance.
Why, does talk about dunes drive you buggy?
navi_jen likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 4:29 pm

I agree.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Why, does talk about dunes drive you buggy?
Old Dec 7, 2020, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

... Please never post anything substantially similar to this again without ample warning plus delivery of an appropriate substance one must need to consume to be able to appreciate what would have obviously been the best FT post of the day, but for the lack of warning and lack of appropriate substance.
the fact that you’re joining in the repartee here provides strong evidence that you don’t really need any sort of content advisory

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.