Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by navi_jen
FACK. My 78 y.o. severely compromised Mom was exposed to the virus on Monday. I hate small town Ohio. Fingers crossed the exposure was minimal and she doesn't develop symptoms. She could not be higher risk (COPD, high blood pressure, seizures, kidney disease, cancer in remission, you name it). Shizzle.

She and my sister now in quarantine for 14 days.
I'm so sorry. Do you know how it happened or did she and your sister just get some vague notification from a contract tracer that there was a potential exposure? I'm sure the necessary quarantine will be tough very on everyone.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
ugh, sorry Jen; sure hope she escapes the worst of the madness ... and hope YOU get thru it as well :/

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by Zorak
Crap hoping for the best.
I may actually have to open a bottle of wine tonight. or tomorrow.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 6:42 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You deserve it, and be sure to give the doggy a big hug too, even if he's not able to have wine with you.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 6:45 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm so sorry. Do you know how it happened or did she and your sister just get some vague notification from a contract tracer that there was a potential exposure? I'm sure the necessary quarantine will be tough very on everyone.
Vague notification. She'll know more when she calls public health tomorrow. Bad part is that she also closed on the sale of her home yesterday, so she could now be a spreader too. Scary thing is it was at the farcking doctors office. Where many of the f word admins (at least the last time I was there) had their f word masks around the f word necks. I seriously may have to haul her butt up here (once she comes out the other side) and force her to live with me until this shizzleshow is over.

Originally Posted by jrl767
ugh, sorry Jen; sure hope she escapes the worst of the madness ... and hope YOU get thru it as well :/
Thanks. It's going to be a VERY stressful next 10 days. Only saving grace is that my sister is with her, helping her unpack...so at least she's got a 2nd set of eyes on her.

But, my sister is exposed too. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuux
Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
I may actually have to open a bottle of wine tonight. or And tomorrow.
🍷🍷 fixed that for you 🍷🍷
Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Fingers crossed navi_jen... hope everything turns out for the best.

-J.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:55 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Tonight and tomorrow!
Vague notification. She'll know more when she calls public health tomorrow. Bad part is that she also closed on the sale of her home yesterday, so she could now be a spreader too. Scary thing is it was at the farcking doctors office. Where many of the f word admins (at least the last time I was there) had their f word masks around the f word necks. I seriously may have to haul her butt up here (once she comes out the other side) and force her to live with me until this shizzleshow is over.

Thanks. It's going to be a VERY stressful next 10 days. Only saving grace is that my sister is with her, helping her unpack...so at least she's got a 2nd set of eyes on her.

But, my sister is exposed too. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuux
Ugh! I'm sorry! I swear, medical offices are the worst, as far as people wearing masks improperly.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Happy THORSday Lounge,

Yesterday was certainly not a great day for many.

navi_jen, sorry to hear about your mom & sister being exposed. Unfortunately, unless you're in a bubble and never leave it, it's bound to happen. I can emphasize. I'm older than your mom and also have underlying medical conditions and have had 4 exposures which were beyond my control. Fortunately, an exposure doesn't mean that you'll contract it and I've been lucky so far. My wife, also older with medical conditions, has only had 1 exposure and has also escaped. I need to emphasize that we're super careful but still end up exposed because of others we need to interact with not complying with guidelines. We double mask, wash our hands a lot and do our best to avoid bad situations.

We got pretty lucky with yesterday's hurricane. It blew through New Orleans in under 6 hours. The wind was bad and the rain horizontal. We moved everything indoors before the storm hit so we had no damage from flying objects. The wind blew water in under 2 doors but that was easy to control. We lost power for about 6 1/2 hours but still had internet since all of that equipment is on a UPS that'll keep it up for 24 hours.

I had my every 3 week medical treatment delayed until today and tomorrow which isn't a big deal.

Hopefully on for tonight's Happy Hour. See you then.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:36 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
On a lighter note...

Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Just catching up on the thread. Jen, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully it turns out just to be an exposure and all is well after quarantine. I know that's still going to be a stressful two weeks though. SuperG, I'm glad to hear you can out alright through the hurricane. It's been a rough season for Louisiana.

We have a visitor in town this week for work, so a few of us from the team took him out to an outdoor restaurant last night. I had pan-fried snapper with crispy Brussels sprouts that I think they must have cooked in an air fryer. Delicious!
Old Oct 29, 2020, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

indeed, SuperG1955, glad to learn you and your wife didn't have any serious Zeta issues
Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
Just catching up on the thread. Jen, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully it turns out just to be an exposure and all is well after quarantine. I know that's still going to be a stressful two weeks though. SuperG, I'm glad to hear you can out alright through the hurricane. It's been a rough season for Louisiana.

We have a visitor in town this week for work, so a few of us from the team took him out to an outdoor restaurant last night. I had pan-fried snapper with crispy Brussels sprouts that I think they must have cooked in an air fryer. Delicious!
Now I'm starving. That sounds so good, and red snapper is one of my favorite fish(es?).
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I attended a virtual career fair today, and was strongly encouraged to apply for a job not too far from here with a major insurance company. I got my fastest rejection to date - 1 hour and 4 minutes.

-J.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I attended a virtual career fair today, and was strongly encouraged to apply for a job not too far from here with a major insurance company. I got my fastest rejection to date - 1 hour and 4 minutes.

-J.
Bummer, but par for the course in many areas...still seems to be a soft job market, employers have all the power at the moment. Lots of tire kicking, not a lot of offer extending.
Remember the bad old days, when you could take your rejection letter to a local bar and get a free drink? (Did I just age myself? :-0) )
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.