Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 9:07 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
It will not prevent Corona but it will almost always prevent food poisoning. My grandmas tip was to drink a double whiskey every time one had food that left you suspicious.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I'm flying out today. I am going to Switzerland to see my brother and my nieces. I'm flying on AA from PHX-LHR-BSL and coming home on next Sunday March 1. Hope the flight is doing well.
Cholula likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Isn't alcohol a disinfectant? Sounds like a margarita would help fight against whatever's in your system! (Though too many margaritas won't help with that fatigue).
The citrus would provide some additional vitamin C. More generally, some drinks should count as a fruit serving. Since Vodka is made from potatoes, I guess it's a vegetable, isn't it?

ADDED: Did no DL forum dogs visit breweries this weekend? I'm disappointed. We want photos.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 23, 2020 at 9:52 pm
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:45 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Feel better soon! We are supposed to go to a cookout at a friend’s house this afternoon, so I think I might mix up a pitcher of margaritas to take.
How were they?
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Try a Corona with lime instead.
Yuck!
Originally Posted by Zorak
Don't you mean Corona with Lyme?
LOL
Originally Posted by Cholula
That's when you double-down on the drinks.
Maybe I should!
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Feel better! Perhaps you would benefit from a hot toddy.

When I was traveling for work, I always kept a "hot toddy kit" in my bag: a lemon packet (the airline I flew had crystallized lemon), a packet of honey, and a Jack Daniels mini.

-J.
I may try that tonight.
Originally Posted by jrl767
yes ... the basic premise being that even if the alcohol doesn't kill all the nasty germs in your throat, the quantity will drown the few survivors
LOL
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Isn't alcohol a disinfectant? Sounds like a margarita would help fight against whatever's in your system! (Though too many margaritas won't help with that fatigue).

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon because I'm concerned about my coughing.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
son may have taken dog to one or more Seattle-area breweries, but Mrs767 and I were in LAS ... we are about to depart Ely for a few days of road-tripping around some of the National Parks in western Utah; returning home Thurs afternoon
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:45 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
son may have taken dog to one or more Seattle-area breweries, but Mrs767 and I were in LAS ... we are about to depart Ely for a few days of road-tripping around some of the National Parks in western Utah; returning home Thurs afternoon
Nice! From Ely I assume Great Basin? And then all the national parks from A(rches) to Z(ion)?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I always wanted to do the drive from SLC to Rachel, NV via Ely. I was planning to do it before I graduated, but never had the time (or money). I did get to go to Rachel finally in 2015, but from Vegas. Rachel has a small inn called the Little A'Le'Inn and the people there have some good stories. Not far from there is the back gate to some place that probably doesn't exist.

-J.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Happy holidays to all!

Today is Flag Day in Mexico, Independence Day in Estonia, Dragobete in Romania, Carnival in multiple countries, Zhonghe Festival in China, Earth God's Birthday in Taiwan, Defender of the Fatherland Day in Russia, Shrove Monday in Germany, and National Tortilla Chip Day.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:09 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Wow. I return to look around, and things have changed.

What happened to everything which was here in The Lounge™?

Over there is where you will find the latest publications to read, as we have literally hundreds of them, including out-of-print books provided by obscure2k from her private collection. If you would rather watch some entertainment, we have a stage with some of the biggest names in show business, ready to perform just for you — LIVE! Ask and they will perform for you, whether it is comedy, music or drama. If you prefer the pre-recorded variety of entertainment, that entire wall over there is a state-of-the-art television screen, stocked with every television show, concert and movie from the last 90 years, all at your disposal.

If you look this way, you will find our complimentary food and beverages, available 24 hours per day, every day. We spared no expense: you will find truffles (both the mushroom and the chocolate varieties), Lobster Thermidor, Beef Wellington, Beluga caviar, shrimp cocktail, filet mignon, fresh-baked assorted breads and pastries, petit fours and other fine desserts, and other examples of some of the finest foods in the world on your left, most cooked to order exclusively for you by our team of executive chefs. On your right, you will find an endless selection of beverages, including the world’s finest wines, beers, cocktails, mixed drinks of every kind and soft drinks of every kind, as well as hot beverages of assorted coffees, teas and chocolates. Everything is available free of charge and you may consume as much as you like, but we regret to inform you that food and drinks cannot be taken out of this lounge, nor are there any exceptions to this rule. Still, none of us understand why nobody has yet to eat the food and drink the beverages...

We were going to spare no expense and install state-of-the-art computers in the Lounge, but since everyone that enters the Lounge is already using a computer, so we decided to save the money.

Over there, to your right through that doorway, you will find the most exclusive shower and lavatory facilities, with the softest linens, scented dripless candles, fragrant anti-bacterial soaps, a tanning facility, multiple shower heads with voice-activated customized temperature controls, and other amenities. They are always cleaned, and an exclusive personal attendant is provided to everyone who uses these facilities.
Now there is one single urinal for both genders and a lone copy of Highlights magazine from 2008 on that splintered coffee table with three legs...
Old Feb 24, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Now there is one single urinal for both genders...
1) At least we have cakes now.
2) Be sure to leave a tip at the urinal. If you pee something, pay something.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Happy holidays to all!

Today is Flag Day in Mexico, Independence Day in Estonia, Dragobete in Romania, Carnival in multiple countries, Zhonghe Festival in China, Earth God's Birthday in Taiwan, Defender of the Fatherland Day in Russia, Shrove Monday in Germany, and National Tortilla Chip Day.
Happy holidays.
Originally Posted by Howste
1) At least we have cakes now.
2) Be sure to leave a tip at the urinal. If you pee something, pay something.
LOL
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:11 pm

I have pneumonia. I would happily give it to someone else if they want it, because I don't!
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by kipper
I have pneumonia. I would happily give it to someone else if they want it, because I don't!
Oh no!!! Get well soon.

-J.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Oh no!!! Get well soon.

-J.
Thanks. I think I'm going to call it a night soon.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:10 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Wow. I return to look around, and things have changed.

What happened to everything which was here in The Lounge™?

Now there is one single urinal for both genders and a lone copy of Highlights magazine from 2008 on that splintered coffee table with three legs...
Welcome back! Clearly standards in the Lounge have fallen in your absence

Originally Posted by kipper
What did you do with your poldmonia?
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.