Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by jrl767
4 > 3; Buddy will have lots of company

Randall (~2) and Scout (~13) will be arriving with Mrs767’s cousins from Tacoma

Shar (~12) will be arriving with her other cousins from Portland
This is my kinda event!

Happy Sunday everyone
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does Pumpkin Pi get to eat turkey with your family and the other doggies?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does Pumpkin Pi get to eat turkey with your family and the other doggies?
Nope, I don't feel comfortable driving and/or flying with him..so he's going to his sitter. Which, trust me, is not a terrible hardship. He LOVES his sitter and his sitter's dog (plus there will be 3 other dogs at the sitters that week). I'll miss him, but he'll come home with me at Christmas. And, hopefully, first week of December I will be allowed to start ditching the brace and the crutches, so he'll be less terrified of me
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by navi_jen
This is my kinda event!

Happy Sunday everyone
No relaxing for me today. I finished a midterm last night, and today will mostly be homework. I will, however, go to JFK for the first time in exactly two months. Just picking up a friend.

-J.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:45 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by navi_jen
This is my kinda event!

Happy Sunday everyone
I have to clean. I have a load of laundry in the wash now, and need to unload the dishwasher and load the dirty dishes.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
I have to clean. I have a load of laundry in the wash now, and need to unload the dishwasher and load the dirty dishes.
I hear you...I'm relaxing between loads of laundry, cooking Pumpkin Pie's food (not, it's not Pie, it's boiled chicken) and packing. Loads of fun. Not.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I agree with the dog in striped PJs but it's Monday mooooooooorning (as in gooooooood mooooooorning Vietnam).
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Good whatever from CPT -- after a looooong travel day yesterday where I didn't think I slept all that well on the longhaul, finally arriving at my CPT hotel 30+ hours after waking up in SJC, my body has decided to wake up after only ~6 hrs of sleep. I am sure an afternoon nap is in my future...
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:35 pm

Napping sometimes seems to prolong jetlag.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Napping sometimes seems to prolong jetlag.
I try to adjust ASAP to the destination time zone, and agree that naps can be counterproductive to that goal (unless you simply can't function any more) -- I'm more surprised that my body didn't think it needed more sleep -- I was utterly exhausted last night.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
what was your route? 30+ hours SJC-CPT (well, perhaps 26-27 flying time) could be via either Europe or Asia
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
what was your route? 30+ hours SJC-CPT (well, perhaps 26-27 flying time) could be via either Europe or Asia
SJC-ATL-JNB-CPT with a 4-hour layover in ATL and a 1-hour MX on ATL-JNB due to some issue with the lavs.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:17 pm

Was the last segment a problem given the South African Airlines strike, which I assume is continuing?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:37 pm

Was the last segment a problem given the South African Airlines strike, which I assume is continuing?
Nope -- in fact I had put off buying a ticket for JNB-CPT because I wasn't sure how long immigration etc would take at JNB and didn't want to commit to a much later flight seeing as my pre-trip research suggested a ton of LCC frequency and same-day prices no worse than advance. I ended up paying US$112 for SA (could have saved $30-40 bucks if I'd been willing to wait another 1.5-2 hrs). I had heard about the strike but didn't observe any issues or mention (which makes sense, I just googled and it apparently was resolved on Friday)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

It's Monday, but tomorrow will be my Wednesday. My strategy is to pretend it's Tuesday and have a good day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.