Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Howste
MAEN!

Are you saying good morning to the lounge, or are you ordering me to lounge? I vote for the second option. I actually had to come back to work after my five-day weekend. Note to self: never again get sick on day two of a five-day weekend.
Feel better

-J.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
MAEN!

Are you saying good morning to the lounge, or are you ordering me to lounge? I vote for the second option. I actually had to come back to work after my five-day weekend. Note to self: never again get sick on day two of a five-day weekend.
I also vote for lounging. Sorry you aren’t feeling well. I completed marathon #3 last night!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I also vote for lounging. Sorry you aren’t feeling well. I completed marathon #3 last night!
Congrats! Your FB post appeared immediately below a similar post from another friend of mine whose time was 41 minutes shorter than yours -- however he only did the half-marathon I sent him the juxtaposed screenshot for future inspiration
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
MAEN!

Either...
Originally Posted by jrl767
I can’t see you following an order of kipper’s (although I suspect if you were in England you might follow an order of kippers with an order of some other local cuisine)

[color=#333333]
ugh, no kidding ... evidently you’re feeling well enough to go to work, which is good
LOL
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
This building is next to one of our buildings.

Every time I go past it I think "you can't teach an old dog..."
Attached Images  
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:32 pm

This building is next to one of our buildings.

Every time I go past it I think "you can't teach an old dog..."
LOL
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Congrats! Your FB post appeared immediately below a similar post from another friend of mine whose time was 41 minutes shorter than yours -- however he only did the half-marathon I sent him the juxtaposed screenshot for future inspiration
Friend of mine did a 50-miler in SF on Saturday. Except somewhere along the way he got lost and ended up on a different route for the marathon or some shorter race and only did 42 miles. He was quite unhappy. So displeased that he drove back to LA from SF after running the 42-miler. I can't imagine running 42 (or 50) miles and then driving for 6 hours. People do strange things.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by El Boocho
Friend of mine did a 50-miler in SF on Saturday. Except somewhere along the way he got lost and ended up on a different route for the marathon or some shorter race and only did 42 miles. He was quite unhappy. So displeased that he drove back to LA from SF after running the 42-miler. I can't imagine running 42 (or 50) miles and then driving for 6 hours. People do strange things.
I couldn't imagine doing that. Running a 42 or 50 miler.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:35 am

Morning, Lounge!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Good morning!

-J.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by El Boocho
I can understand being upset when the race is shorter than advertised, but driving after running anything above 20 miles sounds terrible. The two times I’ve traveled for marathons, I’ve made sure to leave at least a day of buffer before heading home.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
MAEN. Just another day in paradise.

Tho Pumpkin is sporting a new haircut
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I hope he got a mani/pedi too. Nails can be dangerous.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Man this thread has REALLY gone to the dogs.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.