Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:56 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BenA
I'm sorry, sir - it's "not possible" I fly a lot of KLM! "Mind your step", davetravels.
I kinda figgered!

^ ^ ^
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
No takers Not that it would have been a problem - I bought a brick of 300 Biscoff from Amazon to stock the office before I comprehended just quite how much Biscoff that is. (The box it came in was about the size of a shoebox, and densely packed.)

I'll have to keep trying to offload them...
I'll PM you my address. You can offload them to me.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:00 am

Happy Monday!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Good Morning! It's the crack of Noon!
Originally Posted by kipper
Happy Monday!
Two words rarely used in the same sentence.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Howste
... Two words rarely that should seldom if ever be used in the same sentence.
fixed that for you ...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
Good Morning! It's the crack of Noon!

Two words rarely used in the same sentence.
Good morning!
Originally Posted by jrl767
fixed that for you ...
LOL, but it's a nice day. It's springtime here!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I want to hear more stories about what happened in Seattle. Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with sugar and spice. Anyone?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I want to hear more stories about what happened in Seattle. Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with sugar and spice. Anyone?
I could tell you what I did there, but it's been several years since I've spent any time there...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:19 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Well, pictures aren't allowed on the Boeing factory tour but it was a great experience. Would have been even better if we could have gotten closer to the floor, but I can understand why that would be a logistical nightmare for them for general public tours.

The distillery afternoon seemed to be a hit, although BenA and I (and my other, FT lurker friend) split off for lunch and to visit the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum, which I also enjoyed.

Dinner at Toulouse Petit was fantastic.

Sunday after a smaller group brunch, DELee +1 and I went to the Chihuly Glass and Garden museum, which had a lot of beautiful glasswork but felt overpriced for the "size" of the experience -- I will grant that we went through at a fairly quick pace but If be surprised if we spent more than an hour there. The gift shop was selling commemorative 2019 photo calendars as "buy one, get another 50% off" which seems miserly given it's almost April...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Well, pictures aren't allowed on the Boeing factory tour but it was a great experience. Would have been even better if we could have gotten closer to the floor, but I can understand why that would be a logistical nightmare for them for general public tours.

The distillery afternoon seemed to be a hit, although BenA and I (and my other, FT lurker friend) split off for lunch and to visit the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum, which I also enjoyed.

Dinner at Toulouse Petit was fantastic.

Sunday after a smaller group brunch, DELee +1 and I went to the Chihuly Glass and Garden museum, which had a lot of beautiful glasswork but felt overpriced for the "size" of the experience -- I will grant that we went through at a fairly quick pace but If be surprised if we spent more than an hour there. The gift shop was selling commemorative 2019 photo calendars as "buy one, get another 50% off" which seems miserly given it's almost April...
Combat Armor Museum??? Do tell!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Scratch Distillery

Mrs767 and I joined their "Scratch Pride Spirits Club" shortly after we moved back home four years ago ... the owners and staff are really great people, and we thoroughly enjoy their products -- in particular, the barrel-finished gin and the recently-released "Edmonds Own Whiskey" ... the "GINiology" class was also a lot of fun when we did it with our son and my sister in Dec 2017 ... CMK10 mentioned he gave them a 5-star TripAdvisor review
BenA likes this.

Last edited by jrl767; Mar 25, 2019 at 3:08 pm
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by kipper
Combat Armor Museum??? Do tell!
https://flyingheritage.org/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying...t_Armor_Museum

"On March 24, 2017 the Museum changed its name from the Flying Heritage Collection to the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum to reflect the transition from exclusively aircraft to a military vehicle & history Museum."

They also had a multimedia exhibit entitled "Why War: The Causes of Conflict" the entrance to which included a large wall-sized infographic on the various different types of societal frictions, ideology, rhetoric etc. that typically lead to war. This was quite depressing, as IMO the state of the world today hits almost all of them
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:35 pm

"On March 24, 2017 the Museum changed its name from the Flying Heritage Collection to the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum to reflect the transition from exclusively aircraft to a military vehicle & history Museum."

They also had a multimedia exhibit entitled "Why War: The Causes of Conflict" the entrance to which included a large wall-sized infographic on the various different types of societal frictions, ideology, rhetoric etc. that typically lead to war. This was quite depressing, as IMO the state of the world today hits almost all of them
Interesting. Perhaps I can hope Mr. Kipper snags a trip out that way and I can visit.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

The short description of the museum is that - much like other great Seattle museums like MoPOP and the Living Computer Museum, it was built as a place to store and exhibit Paul Allen’s toy collection. It differs from other aviation museums by much of its collection being flyable - so if you want to see a MiG-29 take off with the Boeing factory in the background, for example, it’s your place. (They only fly the historic aircraft rarely, for obvious reasons, but the active maintenance is reflected in the shiny condition the aircraft are kept in: it’s obvious everything is treated as an airplane, not an artifact.)

They also have a pretty stunning collection of tanks that also come out to play from time to time. So if you want to celebrate Tanksgiving, Tanktoberfest or just TankFest Northwest, start making your plans now
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:31 am

MAEN!

The short description of the museum is that - much like other great Seattle museums like MoPOP and the Living Computer Museum, it was built as a place to store and exhibit Paul Allen’s toy collection. It differs from other aviation museums by much of its collection being flyable - so if you want to see a MiG-29 take off with the Boeing factory in the background, for example, it’s your place. (They only fly the historic aircraft rarely, for obvious reasons, but the active maintenance is reflected in the shiny condition the aircraft are kept in: it’s obvious everything is treated as an airplane, not an artifact.)

They also have a pretty stunning collection of tanks that also come out to play from time to time. So if you want to celebrate Tanksgiving, Tanktoberfest or just TankFest Northwest, start making your plans now
Tanks a lot for the amuseum description.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.