Wiki Posts
Search

NYC Area Weather Waiver - Oct 27, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
it isn't actually as bad as they said but then again in the skies I don't know
While I appreciate Delta's weather waiver and caution about inclement weather, the rain storm in NYC was mostly a nothing burger. I was booked on JFK-AUS 9am departure and all was perfectly fine. JFK was operating normally. a bit of wind and rain but nothing crazy. Take off was fine just a little shake of the tail in the first few minutes of climb. By 10K feet it was smooth sailing all the way.

I think the local news, weather channel, etc are to blame for hyping a rain storm that turned out to be not that much. Although it seems like it did weaken from what it was in the southeast.

Anyway seems like most flights operated and I'm glad everyone arrived at their destination. I was pto make it down to Austin for some much needed BBQ and beer. .
AANYC1981 and MarkP24 like this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mridley2
While I appreciate Delta's weather waiver and caution about inclement weather, the rain storm in NYC was mostly a nothing burger. I was booked on JFK-AUS 9am departure and all was perfectly fine. JFK was operating normally. a bit of wind and rain but nothing crazy. Take off was fine just a little shake of the tail in the first few minutes of climb. By 10K feet it was smooth sailing all the way.

I think the local news, weather channel, etc are to blame for hyping a rain storm that turned out to be not that much. Although it seems like it did weaken from what it was in the southeast.

Anyway seems like most flights operated and I'm glad everyone arrived at their destination. I was pto make it down to Austin for some much needed BBQ and beer. .
Glad you made it safely!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Mod Hat Off

FlightAware's live flight cancellation page showed 1 cancellation/8 delays for Delta mainline at JFK on Sunday, 10/28. The JetBlue numbers were 0/21. Delta Connection flights get displayed under the various operating carriers.

LGA showed only 50 delays across all carriers.

One can play around with airport filter and sorting options. https://flightaware.com/live/cancelled/today#stats
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I had a waiver option as well, coming in Friday night and out Saturday afternoon. Weather a bit of a non-event. Some rain, but no big deal.
MarkP24 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.