Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta upgrade list only consider status at check in not real time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

When flying back home last week, I realized that delta upgrade list does not account for real-time information, only information at check in. How do I know?

Sat night I was Plat, checked in position 3 of 8. Overnight I got email I am now Diamond. Sun morning, day of flight I am 6 of 20x. Called diamond desk they claimed I am diamond and insisted that my new status is reflected correctly. I don't believe them. Went to lounge talked to agent, he removed me from the upgrade list and added me back in. I am now #1 .

So it seems delta upgrade list only uses information at the time of check in. Important if your situation changes between check in and the flight.

+1 to delta lounge agent for good thinking.
-1 for diamond desk who did nothing and made up.story.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
If you already knew that it wasn't accounting for your status change, you could have simply asked the diamond desk agent to uncheck you and you could just recheck yourself in at the kiosk or on the delta app. That would've reset it for you. Not really a big deal and there's are one off situations where you will make status within a 24 hour timespan.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:57 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
That has been an issue for a long time. I think you could have also reloaded it by unlinking your Skymiles number and adding it back in, IIRC. What did your boarding pass say if you happened to use the app?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.