FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1928001-msp-f-g-skyclub-upgrades-new-club-consolidated-thread.html)

jdrtravel Apr 25, 2023 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Smithwicks70 (Post 35194620)
Anyone encountered the line “We cant open the outside spaces because of the current flight pattern” at the new G Club? That’s the explanation the bartenders gave this morning.

What in the world?? I can't fathom what that would mean.

Live4Miles Apr 27, 2023 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel (Post 35200565)
What in the world?? I can't fathom what that would mean.

it means if planes are landing or taking off it is closed. 😳

Smithwicks70 Apr 27, 2023 8:08 pm

They were taking off and landing from 30L that morning. Perfect spot to view landings.

Quite a few people asked to go outside. Let’s at about 8am and it still hadn’t opened.

jdrtravel Apr 30, 2023 11:46 am

Was just in the lounge for the first time today, even though I was flying out of concourse D, I wanted to check it out. It's very nice. I arrived at 9am on Sunday and there was plenty of space. I really like the large variety of seating options, including that many seats were at tables where it was easier to use a laptop. The bathrooms were extremely nice.

DLASflyer Apr 30, 2023 12:32 pm

Gelato is awesome. No way they keep those machines working though. Not even McDonald’s can keep machines like those going.

sethb Apr 30, 2023 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by DLASflyer (Post 35213683)
Gelato is awesome. No way they keep those machines working though. Not even McDonald’s can keep machines like those going.

I'll be there in a few days, so I can see how the new gelato compares with (my old memories of) the similar stuff NW had in its clubs here.

theboss7593 May 17, 2023 6:00 pm

Any update as to if the outdoor seating is open or still using flight paths as an excuse?

Mhyduchak May 17, 2023 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by theboss7593 (Post 35258499)
Any update as to if the outdoor seating is open or still using flight paths as an excuse?

Outdoor space was open on Saturday when I flew through. Planes taking off and landing constantly, amazing views. I suspect this might have been a staffing issue vs. anything to do with the airport.

TheLifeOfA_NKCM May 17, 2023 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Mhyduchak (Post 35258930)
Outdoor space was open on Saturday when I flew through. Planes taking off and landing constantly, amazing views. I suspect this might have been a staffing issue vs. anything to do with the airport.

Thanks for the update! Was either the windows or sky lights opened yet?

Mhyduchak May 17, 2023 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM (Post 35259011)
Thanks for the update! Was either the windows or sky lights opened yet?

windows were closed but the part of the deck that’s actually outside was open with skylight, was even raining and folks were still outside on the deck. Very good space.

Duke787 Sep 24, 2023 6:37 pm

Second visit to the new G SkyClub on Friday (also visited in July) and it was just as enjoyable as the first. It’s a really nice club.

Arrived about 645pm and no line, despite being pretty busy, the layout with 2 different bars spread out actually made it never feel remotely close to capacity.

Great night for sitting outside.

One thing to note, the G18 SkyClub for some reason doesn’t show how busy it is in the DL App even though the F/G one does

thrillhouse763 Nov 20, 2023 7:49 am

I'm not traveling much these days but had the pleasure to visit the new club. I had two layovers at MSP and for the first leg I decided to visit the old F club since it was close. The check in gals told me I should go to the new one in G but I passed.

Anyway, on my return leg I decided to make the trek to the end of G. It is a trek if you're not flying out of G but it is WORTH IT. Don't expect The Pier in HKG but still very nice! I was able to sit outside on the patio in November in MSP in a t-shirt. The bathrooms were really clean and modern with floor to ceiling stalls along with green and red lights to indicate if they're in use. Each sink had it's own hand dryer. Lots of the doors throughout had a waive to open system.

I took a couple laps around the club to get a feel for the layout but spent most of the time on the outdoor patio.

I've also seen people ask in here about the main skylight in the bar. According to the bartender, it was designed to be opened but "it never will" and she said it was sore subject I guess....

Adelphos Apr 9, 2024 5:08 pm

Here at G - even though it’s a long walk from my F gate, they did a great job with this club. Really impressed with all the new clubs Delta has introduced this year

GagaPilot Apr 9, 2024 11:47 pm

Showers at any MSP Clubs?

Perhaps not the best thread to ask in, but saw it pop up tonight so figured I’d ask:

Do any of the Skyclubs at MSP offer showers? I’m not seeing any listed on the app, and my past visits to the F/G club and C club in MSP I haven’t noticed any, but then again haven’t looked either. I have an overnight flight in June from ANC-MSP connecting to MCI where a shower would be great on arrival to hit the ground running in MCI. Not a huge deal if not, but would be nice!

Business as usual Apr 12, 2024 2:45 pm

Unfortunately, no. The new G Club was built without showers, although The Points Guy reports that they might be part of a "future remodel." Huh.