Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

CDG - 7AM mid week 1 hour connection AMS-CDG-ATL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: D E L T A Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite

We are flying MRU-AMS-CDG-ATL on 28Nov and only have 1 hour in CDG coming in on KLM from AMS connecting to a DL flight to ATL. Any chance in hell we'll make this? The diamond desk swears this is a legal connection.

Do KLM flights park on remote stands or at a jet bridge in CDG usually and do we have to go through a secondary screening in CDG to board a flight to US?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Yes, this is a legal connection (otherwise they would not sell it) and yes it is feasible providing your AMS flight is on-time. KL flights are at a jet bridge all the time in my experience. You will have to go through immigration both at AMS and at CDG. You may have a secondary screening at the gate to the US, if you are selected (but the flight will not leave without you at that stage as your BP will have already been scanned at boarding).
Any reason why you don't fly MRU-AMS-ATL or MRU-CDG-ATL instead ? the AMS-CDG sector is really a kind of pain here in an already very long trip. I hope you are in J.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: D E L T A Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Yes, this is a legal connection (otherwise they would not sell it) and yes it is feasible providing your AMS flight is on-time. KL flights are at a jet bridge all the time in my experience. You will have to go through immigration both at AMS and at CDG. You may have a secondary screening at the gate to the US, if you are selected (but the flight will not leave without you at that stage as your BP will have already been scanned at boarding).
Any reason why you don't fly MRU-AMS-ATL or MRU-CDG-ATL instead ? the AMS-CDG sector is really a kind of pain here in an already very long trip. I hope you are in J.

Fully aware it is sold as a legal connection....

I didn't do MRU-AMS-ATL because it was 380K in Business one way vs. 180K taking the short hop from CDG-AMS. Figured saving a total of 200K Skypesos was worth a stop.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Hope for a schedule change by then. If the connection breaks maybe you can switch to a direct AMS-ATL. If it goes the other way at least you get more time to transit CDG.

Otherwise, 1 hour is really tight. I'm guessing that you'll arrive to 2F and transit to 2E, which CDG even says can take up to 40 minutes. http://easycdg.com/wp-content/upload...-%C3%A0-2E.pdf
muntz73 likes this.

Last edited by CPMaverick; Aug 9, 2018 at 6:51 pm
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
I've done two 1 hour connections through CDG this year (AGP/GVA-CDG-USA) and made them both with time to spare and no issues. Despite CDG's reputation I've only had one problem and that was on the way out to GVA as they only had one(!) agent at passport control handling all connecting passengers at that terminal. Thankfully I had a 4.5 hour connection in that case.
muntz73 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
CDG can be easy. It just depends where your gates are.

Airports like DTW are easy, even if you have a long way to go. CDG can be a real nightmare if you've got to transit a couple sub-terminals.
muntz73 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:14 pm

I just did a round-trip with connections in CDG and it was surprisingly fast. In my case I was non-Schengen to non-Schengen so I can’t speak to any immigration queues, but they had priority access security lines everywhere for Sky Priority travelers, quite short wait times, and frequent trains for the terminal transfers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.