Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proper Ettiquete?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta DM
How's it that people think this kind of behavior is ok? I'd have offered to switch seats and if they declined and kept doing that sh*t, I'd have created havoc. Keep getting up to stretch or go to the bathroom. eye for an eye...
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I really thought that post was sarcasm, not?
One could hope, but not true based on his other posts I've read. His username very suitable.
jdrtravel and Seabilly like this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dcadwell
Was about to say, I can't recall the last time I wasn't forced to pre-select seats.
Haha, okay. In NYC I don't think it really caught on in most cases (though I rarely go to the movies anymore).

In any event, on an airplane, I never feel obligated to take the middle if we booked window/aisle (sometimes it depends on the stature of the person in the middle), but I certainly agree it's common courtesy to not be disruptive and talk/pass over that person.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
There, fixed that for ya

And MY reply was *entirely* justified! LOL
Originally Posted by TheHorta
You're Your reply is right-justifiedaligned.

Dammit! I can't stop!
There, fixed it again.
Qwkynuf and TheHorta like this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Originally Posted by puck021

Wait, is this a thing?
That's what he calls it... and he pulled it out.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Haha, okay. In NYC I don't think it really caught on in most cases (though I rarely go to the movies anymore).

In any event, on an airplane, I never feel obligated to take the middle if we booked window/aisle (sometimes it depends on the stature of the person in the middle), but I certainly agree it's common courtesy to not be disruptive and talk/pass over that person.
It's caught on in NYC in fact last time I went to the movies there was a lady fighting with someone about the seats that seh reserved them. Fight almost broke out during the Incredibles 2.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I'm on page 1. How is this thread 6 pages lol
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by hi55us
I'm on page 1. How is this thread 6 pages lol
If your display is set to 40 posts per page like mine, then it's only on page 2...
ijgordon and pvn like this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:02 pm

I would sneeze or move suddenly. Repeatedly reaching over you with food is just rude. Who wants crumbs being dropped on them?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
I think the winner is the person who suggested just taking the food. Would love to be seated across the aisle to watch that exchange.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Proper etiquette would have been to decline the upgrade into a middle c+ seat.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
You may take some heat for that, from the overly egalitarian majority here at FT. But I agree with you 100%. Steerage is a filthy stinkhole, full of the hoi polloi.
For instance, people who write "the hoi polloi".
pvn likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by davie355
If they are non-rev passengers, they aren't allowed to ask other passengers to switch seats. But you can make the request, and they can accept.

Non-rev or not, absolutely it's rude to do what they did, although they could have been oblivious to the annoyance to you. With 20/20 hindsight I say you should have spoken up ("Hey folks, this back-and-forth is getting old, would one of you mind switching seats.")
I think it very unlikely that a paying passenger would be upgraded into a middle seat while window and aisle are left empty for non-revs. (Possibly if the couple who booked AC were last-minute no-shows.)
Old Aug 5, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Don't forget those coach people clap when the plane lands.
what do they do when it doesn’t?
strickerj likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:31 am

Cool

Originally Posted by golfr
How's it that people think this kind of behavior is ok? I'd have offered to switch seats and if they declined and kept doing that sh*t, I'd have created havoc. Keep getting up to stretch or go to the bathroom. eye for an eye...
I'll have to remember this if this ever happens to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.