FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Using GUC on KE bookings - Consolidated Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1920577-using-guc-ke-bookings-consolidated-thread.html)

Beltway2A Apr 12, 2022 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 34157925)
Apparently. I dont remember ever seeing anything about this before.. of course FULL J fares are going to be very expensive. I think most that can afford FULL J, most likely can afford F fares.

​​​

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 34160095)
I don't recall seeing that before either... nice that you can actually get real international first class that way on KE... however a J fare may be more expensive than just booking the KE first class fare.

The cheapest J bucket fares I'm seeing this summer on LAX-ICN are 13,501.17 (JNG0ZNDD) with some dates only offering 14,001.17 (JNO0ZNDD).

By comparison, the cheapest first class fare is $15,924.17, as a P fare.

It's not the best in terms of value-per-instrument if you're willing to buy economy and are flexible to find confirmed upgrade space/be happy with J, but a pretty decent savings over buying F if you'd already be buying a ticket on KE.

VFR Apr 12, 2022 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Beltway2A (Post 34160132)
​​​

The cheapest J bucket fares I'm seeing this summer on LAX-ICN are 13,501.17 (JNG0ZNDD) with some dates only offering 14,001.17 (JNO0ZNDD).

By comparison, the cheapest first class fare is $15,924.17, as a P fare.

It's not the best in terms of value-per-instrument if you're willing to buy economy and are flexible to find confirmed upgrade space/be happy with J, but a pretty decent savings over buying F if you'd already be buying a ticket on KE.

Thank goodness the 75,000 RDM per ticket cap has been removed. :)

allaboutthemiles Dec 30, 2022 11:41 am

Any idea how I can search for KE O class? I tried using ExpertFlyer, but O class was not an option under Awards & Upgrades or Flight Availability.

tomtaylor23 Feb 4, 2023 9:08 am

Anyone know how to find out if there is O Space on KE?

VFR Feb 4, 2023 7:39 pm

If you search for an award ticket on delta.com, it will show you whether there is O available on KE.

kjnslSLC Mar 16, 2023 10:36 pm

[Moved to main GUC thread]

InfiniteDynasty Mar 17, 2023 7:08 am

Originally Posted by VFR (Post 34160159)
Thank goodness the 75,000 RDM per ticket cap has been removed. :)

Looks like it capped around 125,000 according to the small box. Was browsing some of DL/KE first class options and saw one that would earn 125k rdm wanted to see how much i would earn using my account for fun and value didnt change.

xliioper Mar 17, 2023 7:24 am

Originally Posted by InfiniteDynasty (Post 35094294)
Looks like it capped around 125,000 according to the small box. Was browsing some of DL/KE first class options and saw one that would earn 125k rdm wanted to see how much i would earn using my account for fun and value didnt change.

Not seeing any caps in mileage calculator on delta.com.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c740e97527.png

dilbertsdaddy Apr 15, 2023 7:50 am

delete, found the answer

leroy11 Jul 22, 2023 12:02 pm

Hello all
Quick q - can one use a GUC on KE from LHR to ICN to SYD if Z/O is available? I suspect not as DL will not codeshare on these flights but wanted to double check as it would be helpful on an upcoming trip. Or can I purchase a KE coded itinerary from DL and upgrade from there. The rules do say systemwide routing on KE. Thanks!

rylan Jul 22, 2023 4:22 pm

Has to be Delta marketed - so requires it to be a codeshare

For Virgin Atlantic, Korean Air and Aeromexico, upgrades are only valid for Delta marketed flights. ... Valid on Delta-marketed, Korean Air-operated flights for use globally on Delta's published fares booked in Y or B class to Korean Air's Z class, or booked in M class to Korean Air's O class.
Even then note the fare class is very restricted and is basically full fare coach in order to upgrade. Its almost impossible to find O on KE, and Z is a little better but you'd need a Y or B fare so a discounted business ticket may actually cost less.