Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ATL-FLL First Class goes out 5 empty! BIG Upgrade list

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL-FLL First Class goes out 5 empty! BIG Upgrade list

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 7:02 pm

Deleted
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sethb
My internal contact says paid F standby has priority over medallion upgrades for F seats.
Think they may be confusing things. A paid F passenger that is confirmed on flight but in Y has priority. However a passenger doing a SDS isn't a confirmed passenger. Upgrades clear before standbys are confirmed onto the flight.
SDQBound, MSPeconomist and Widgets like this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Think they may be confusing things. A paid F passenger that is confirmed on flight but in Y has priority. However a passenger doing a SDS isn't a confirmed passenger. Upgrades clear before standbys are confirmed onto the flight.
Upgrades clear before coach standbys are confirmed. It doesn't make sense to give a free upgrade priority over a paid F standby.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I’m sure this is happening a lot. Today SLC-DEN went out with one empty F seat and list if 37. To make matters worse I saw the GA walk on the plane to check for empty seats and she didn’t do anything about filling 1A. Delta should measure GA’s for on time and clearing F for no shows.
Spiff and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 4:48 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
It is a gate agent issue. Would be interesting to hear what Delta flight attendants who are FlyerTalk members would say about this. Do they have the power to upgrade people when the door closes and without the gate agent?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wchinchen
It is a gate agent issue. Would be interesting to hear what Delta flight attendants who are FlyerTalk members would say about this. Do they have the power to upgrade people when the door closes and without the gate agent?
Nope (unless the GA told them who should be upgraded), but they can move nonrevs up to open premium cabin seats.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 8:10 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
possible the seat have some problem and can not be use...
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Saw this happen twice yesterday (I was already upgraded) and it annoyed me both times.

JFK-ATL and ATL-SEA. Both with lie flat aircraft. GAs left at least 2 empty seats in F on both planes. They had plenty of time to clear the UGs too.

Really disappointing. Especially given the length of ATL-SEA.
Spiff and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:27 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Disgusting. GAs should do their jobs. OTOH, at least the GAs didn't fill those flat bed seats with nonrevs.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
At least my flight was under two hours. I was top of the list and just annoyed. If it was a flatbed flight and I was using a UG very I’d be steamed.

Pretty sure seat was fine, but always a possibility. Though there was a blanket, pillow, and bottle of water there.
Spiff likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
At least my flight was under two hours. I was top of the list and just annoyed. If it was a flatbed flight and I was using a UG very I’d be steamed.

Pretty sure seat was fine, but always a possibility. Though there was a blanket, pillow, and bottle of water there.
Please report this to DL even if it was a relatively short flight. Upgrades (according to the rules) are an earned and published elite benefit.
Spiff likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Please report this to DL even if it was a relatively short flight. Upgrades (according to the rules) are an earned and published elite benefit.
They're not guaranteed if you board.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
They're not guaranteed if you board.
Upgrades are never guaranteed, but this is a published elite benefit and DL has policies about how GAs are to handle upgrades.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 10, 2020 at 12:19 pm Reason: Correcting autocorrect
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
I flew around 115 segments last year and say that I have seen this occur around 5 or 6 of the flights I took with myself personally losing out on the upgrade for an empty seat 2 or 3 times. Certainly does happen but not at a frequency where it is a systematic issue IMO.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by BuffaloBills10
I flew around 115 segments last year and say that I have seen this occur around 5 or 6 of the flights I took with myself personally losing out on the upgrade for an empty seat 2 or 3 times. Certainly does happen but not at a frequency where it is a systematic issue IMO.
When it does happen, do you complain?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.