Wiki Posts
Search

DL35 CDG-SEA Diverted to KEF

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
DL35 CDG-SEA Diverted to KEF

Anybody have any information on why today's Flight 35 had to divert to Keflavik? Looks like it's currently scheduled to get to Seattle tomorrow as DL9895.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The obvious suspects are a mechanical problem or a medical diversion. Medical usually doesn't take much time to offload the passenger (although it can be a bit more complex on international flights with being required to find the checked bags and potentially make arrangements if the patient and any companions don't have travel documents to enter the country where the aircraft landed), but it can turn into an overnight stop if the crew time out.

This sounds like it could be an interesting adventure if someone has an extra day and if DL looks after the passengers well.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Of all the diversion spots for a TATL to the west coast, KEF is about as good as it gets. I might actually have even been a little excited about getting to see a neat destination that Delta doesn’t have very good service to.

Hopefully this was a run of the mill mechanical issue and not a medical issue; if it was, best wishes to the patient.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
It must be mechanical. Flightradar has a rescue B772 DL 9978 ATL-KEF departing tonight which is planned to operate tomorrow's DL 9895.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Thank you all for your replies...I appreciate it!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
This could net passengers some valuable compensation, per EU regulations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.