Wiki Posts
Search

BE Fares Not in Every Market?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Silver Medallion
BE Fares Not in Every Market?

Seems like Delta had been placing BE fares on pretty much every route. However, I recently noticed (thanks to a Google Flights alert on a price change) that MSP-OMA no longer has any BE fares filed between now and September, and probably beyond then. I haven't been able to find any other markets out of MSP that lack BE fares after I played around in Google Flights for a little while. For the quick hop between MSP and OMA on a 2x2 RJ, I would be more than willing to deal with a BE fare if available. Through-fares, like LAX-MSP-OMA still offer BE.

DL simultaneously hiked the fare on this no-competition route and took out BE availability. Other upper-Midwest routes lacking competition (e.g. INL, CID, DSM, BIS) still have BE fares available. Any idea what's up or if they might return?
Old May 24, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
I just randomly checked July 20/24 and got $246.40.

Down at 3600 on July 20 and back on July 24 on 6257.

Regular economy is $296.40 for the same flights

Lots of seats
Old May 24, 2018, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Should have clarified, I was looking only at 1-way fares, not RT. But you're right, still looks like plenty of BE fares for RT trips. My mistake.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They seemed to have dialed them back a bit. I had been seeing them for Q and K fares in most domestic markets, but now most markets only seem to have them for L or lower fares. This was based on ExpertFlyer search of fare filings (not a simple booking search where there may or may not be bucket availability). I've searched the fare filings in about a dozen different markets out of DTW and have only found E fares with a Q and K fare basis on DTW-MCO/TPA so far.

Last edited by xliioper; May 24, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Old May 24, 2018, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
BE fares are simply one of many fare buckets. There may or may not be availability on any given flight on any given day. When you look, it may also be that the available BE seats have been sold and there may or may not be additional BE inventory downstream. That is what RM/IM do for a living (or more particularly, the software).

If DL can sell every seat on an aircraft for full Y / F, it would do that. Those are the only two buckets which would be available. But, most won't pay that, so it doesn't.

With the economy on screech, the lower-end fare buckets may go faster because there are fewer seats allocated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.