Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta retrofitted 777... DTW-PEK

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by pvn
I'm not saying the difference is negligible, I'm just saying people massively exaggerate how bad it is. I would tend to avoid an AF or KL 777 if possible, but it's not inhumane. It's incrementally worse.
It depends on the person. My shoulders are about 21" tip to tip. If I scrunch them together they're maybe 19". So every extra inch helps. 17" is impossible if there is another wider person next to you (and I say "wide" to mean "wide" - I am not overweight - just wide shoulders). The comfort on a properly-configged A320 or 767 vs a 737 is quite, quite noticeable to me.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bubbashow
"The most room in economy, the most comfort of any domestic airline over the ocean". Would be pretty easy to back up with stats.
That's nice, but what's the ROI on the advertising? Should they also advertise "the most expensive economy fares (but you get the most room)!"? Because that's really the only way to make it work. And I don't believe there's precedent for it being successful.
Old May 15, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pvn

The broader point, though, is (as has already been pointed out) coach pax just don't care about a couple of centimeters of space.
I just really think that's false. Many of them may care more about price than seat width (or not have the option to prioritize anything over price) but that does not at all mean that people don't care about it.
Old May 15, 2018, 4:30 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I just really think that's false. Many of them may care more about price than seat width (or not have the option to prioritize anything over price) but that does not at all mean that people don't care about it.
Fair enough, but sadly for those who do care, macro buying behavior is the only thing the airlines will respond to.
Old May 15, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
That's nice, but what's the ROI on the advertising? Should they also advertise "the most expensive economy fares (but you get the most room)!"? Because that's really the only way to make it work. And I don't believe there's precedent for it being successful.
DLS margins are great, and with catering, etc, they clearly see an upside to a more premium economy experience.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hopefully the retrofitted 777’s won’t make D1 equally as hard (as 350) for a decent SM award ticket or GUC UG.
Old May 15, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Hopefully the retrofitted 777’s won’t make D1 equally as hard (as 350) for a decent SM award ticket or GUC UG.
Given that they are rather significantly reducing the number of D1 seats on the 777, and going to a seatmap that is almost identical to that of the A350, I suspect you are out of luck on that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.