Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird meal/snack policy in F?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Weird meal/snack policy in F?

As a United 1K, I don't normally fly Delta. But when I do I am usually very satisfied with the inflight food product and service.

Today was an exception. Can someone tell me if this is policy in F on DL:

1) Changing the order of service - rather 1A - 1 B - 1C and then 2A - 2 B and 2C, and so on, the FA skipped 3A and went to 3B and C for no apparent reason - and the result was the meal of choice for the person in 3A had run out thanks to 3C's choice.

2) When 3A asked for the snack basket to make up for the lack of meal choice, the FA said "This is not for first class!" implying it was only for Comfort.

Drink service only in the beginning of flight; did not ask for drink choice during meal service. No nuts whatsoever.

Is this normal?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What was the route and time of day? Also, what DL Connection carrier? Seats A, B, and C only sound like a CRJ-900/700 or similar aircraft.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:59 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
It would help if you could post the route (or distance) and the departure time. Delta's offerings are dependent on those factors.

In this specific case was 3A sleeping or not responsive? I've been on an early morning flight where the person next to me was asleep and didn't have an order taken.

That said this does jibe with some recent "service declining lately" threads (and my personal observations).
sdadept likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Sorry. LGA-MCI, dep. 11:05am. CRJ.

3A was awake, responsive, tray out.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kpbadger

In this specific case was 3A sleeping or not responsive?
Or one of the various classes of non-rev flyers. Delta's guidelines: Be happy with what you get.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:08 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
No nuts is 100% standard on DL.

If you got a meal but no snack basket, then you were on one of the shorter routes that get meals. That's pretty standard.

What order the FA takes meal orders in is completely random and up to the FA. There may be a policy written down somewhere but in practice it's total anarchy.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Or one of the various classes of non-rev flyers. Delta's guidelines: Be happy with what you get.
This! As a non-rev, the FA's always skipped me until the end -- which is exactly what they are instructed to do.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Everything seems normal here except for:

1) Drink refills should have been offered.

2) I think many DL FA's would have gladly offered the snack basket if the F pax could not eat the choice that was available, even if this is technically against policy.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pvn

What order the FA takes meal orders in is completely random and up to the FA. There may be a policy written down somewhere but in practice it's total anarchy.
I haven't seen this in several years. I am on 2-4 flights every week and on every single one of those where i was in F they have used FEBO starting with or ending with 1A
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pvn
No nuts is 100% standard on DL.

If you got a meal but no snack basket, then you were on one of the shorter routes that get meals. That's pretty standard.

There is a policy, FEBO, on narrow body aircraft.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL - PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There is a policy, FEBO, on narrow body aircraft.
In my experience, FEBO is followed on mainline aircraft, but on Delta Connection flights they seem to always take orders front to back regardless of flight number.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:57 pm

My son flying in F from MSP to SFO last week was still hungry after meal service. No snack basket and was charged for one of the meal boxes from the back. $9 I think. Seems pretty chintzy if you ask me.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
if the F pax could not eat the choice that was available, even if this is technically against policy.
I've always had FAs offer and bring me the Tapas vegan snack box from the back when my VGML SM in F is messed up (as usual). Nobody ever said it was against policy.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Vegas Vegan
when my VGML SM in F is messed up (as usual).

I'd like to suggest that you limit reminding us that they mess up the VGML meals to one post per month.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:39 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by pvn
I have had total adhearance to FEBO for the past few years unless there was a mistake. I always pick my seat location based on the flight number. Last week, DEN-ATL on an even numbered flight, I was in 2C. The FA started taking orders from the back, when she had finished with row 5, I got her attention and told her that I thought the orders should be taken from the front on this flight. She looked at her order sheet and apologized saying she was mistaken. The lady next to me thanked me as she also picks her seat based on the flight number.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.