Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Checked bag between 2 different DL tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles (SM, 1MM) Marriott Rewards (Lifetime Gold), HHonors (Lifetime Diamond)

can I check a bag with 2 different delta tickets?
I am traveling LAS-LAX on one ticket and then will “connect” in LAX to fly to my final destination. This is because I had booked a vacation on one PNR (round trip) then got sent to LAS to work. So I just changed the return date back from LAX and bought a round trip LAX-LAS ticket.

Just want to know now if I can check the bag from LAS all the way home even though it’s two different tickets on delta.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Yes, you can, as long as you're continuing to another DL flight (or a few specific partners). Have a printout of both tickets at LAS and they will be able to tag your bag onward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.