Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
The above link tells me that I am automatically enrolled before it even knows who I am! Think I will call AMEX again.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by RobertS975
The above link tells me that I am automatically enrolled before it even knows who I am! Think I will call AMEX again.
This. It says automatically enrolled even if I open in Incognito/Private browser. This is just a standard landing page.

I'm not putting extra spend on a DL card just to have to fight a losing battle over MQM later on this year.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM Hilton Diamond National EE
I received the email March 26. In the notes about $90,000 spend, it did add "MQMs and bonus miles will be credited to your account 10–12 weeks after you reach the spend threshold." It's never taken more than 2-3 days after statement closed when I've crossed the $30K/$60K to receive the MQMs/bonus miles, so perhaps that's the kicker.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver

I interpret an unprotected landing page, open to the public, to indicate that as a card member “You are automatically enrolled in this benefit”. It indicates that it is a new benefit for 2018 only. I printed this page and I will fight this if they do. It post.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
Sorry to keep bringing this up, but with all the speculation, opinions, and 100+ posts, no one has actually hit this spend and commented on whether this is working and posting?

1. Who has hit the spend and NOT had them additional miles post?
2. Who has hit the spend and they DID post properly automatically?
3. Who has his the spend and had to call to inquire? and what was the response?
I received the email, hit 90k in April or May, and the miles posted a week or two after the statement closed.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
I received the email, hit 90k in April or May, and the miles posted a week or two after the statement closed.
So, it's different than the usual 'action-required' process of logging-in and then choosing whether to keep or gift the miles? Interesting.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by N515CR
So, it's different than the usual 'action-required' process of logging-in and then choosing whether to keep or gift the miles? Interesting.
Sorry, to clarify: the miles were available after a couple of weeks. I think I still had the option of claiming them for myself or giving them away.

Last edited by Bicoastal Local; Jul 19, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:51 pm

Sorry, to clarify: the miles were available after a couple of weeks. I think I still had the option of claiming them for myself or giving them away.
FYI - I just checked my account activity, and the bonuses posted in this order:
January (15k MQMs): 2018 SKYMILES AMEX $30K THRESHOLD MQM - KEEP
Mid-April (15k MQMs): SKYMILES AMEX COBRAND THRESHOLD MQM BONUS
Late-April (15k MQMs): 2018 SKYMILES AMEX $60K THRESHOLD MQM - KEEP

I also checked my credit card statements. I hit the $60k and $90k thresholds with one transaction. It turns out the mid-April bonus hit two days after the transaction. The late-April bonus hit two days after the statement closed.

Last edited by Bicoastal Local; Jul 19, 2018 at 10:01 pm
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I got this offer but am not bothering with it even though I could make it easily. frantic and I try to stay within a few MQMs of each other and have done so for years. Since we already have plenty of them, there is no point in increasing my spend for MQMs which I do not need nor SkyPesos which do not have the value of other credit card currencies that can be earned.

Now I might reconsider that if she also got the offer since an extra 15K rollover MQMs for both of us might come in handy one of these years.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
FYI - I just checked my account activity, and the bonuses posted in this order:
January (15k MQMs): 2018 SKYMILES AMEX $30K THRESHOLD MQM - KEEP
Mid-April (15k MQMs): SKYMILES AMEX COBRAND THRESHOLD MQM BONUS
Late-April (15k MQMs): 2018 SKYMILES AMEX $60K THRESHOLD MQM - KEEP

I also checked my credit card statements. I hit the $60k and $90k thresholds with one transaction. It turns out the mid-April bonus hit two days after the transaction. The late-April bonus hit two days after the statement closed.
Ok, noted. Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
OK , here's the real question everyone needs the answer to ... anyone who did not receive the email get the third bonus?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun

I interpret an unprotected landing page, open to the public, to indicate that as a card member “You are automatically enrolled in this benefit”. It indicates that it is a new benefit for 2018 only. I printed this page and I will fight this if they do. It post.

It's a jump page, not a landing page: Jumping to the link from FT, I get that page; using a new tab, from Chrome, Firefox Quantum, and IE11, I get:

Page Not Found

Our apologies but we could not find a page matching your request.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I'd agree this is to hopefully get people back that are upset about the waiver. With that said I don't think that will work in reasonable way. Someone that used the 25K waiver why would they spend 90K to get 15K mqm? Someone on the waiver for DM had 125K MQMs from whatever means. Doubt they need/want the 15K MQM for spending another 30K.

AI have the reserve and literally everything goes on it until 60K as of now. After that in years past I move to the Amex Plat. I get 5x on Delta and other bonuses and benefits. Another 30K on the reserve just doesn't make sense.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by AKC6
It's a jump page, not a landing page: Jumping to the link from FT, I get that page; using a new tab, from Chrome, Firefox Quantum, and IE11, I get:

Page Not Found

Our apologies but we could not find a page matching your request.
Just FYI I simply Googled “AMEX delta reserve 90k spend mqm bonus” and that page comes up. That’s how I found it. I never get the message you got and I’ve done it at home, work, and my phone.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
OK , here's the real question everyone needs the answer to ... anyone who did not receive the email get the third bonus?

No email here. I am canceling anyway. I do not need the miles anymore without the waiver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.