Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Third MQM Award Level for Reserve/Plat Cards (targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:56 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
I have both DL Platinum and DL Reserve, but only received an email for the Reserve. Anyone receive emails for both?
I have DL Reserve Personal and DL PLT Biz Card and haven't received an email for anything.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah sounds like they're trying to get people to keep spending... I would expect they will see a significant dropoff since the waiver is effectively gone for DM.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Renes Points
I don't mean just for personal versus business cards but on the individual level based on whatever DL and/or AmEx think they know about us.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No such offer for me - I wish. I'd take them up on it!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
This seems to be TARGETED offer for consumer NOT open aka biz cards. However

The Delta Amex Reserve card offer code if you want to call to try to have them load is: 2 2222CTLF
The Delta Amex Platinum card offer code if you want to call to try to have them load is: 1 2222CTL6

Again neither code will work with BIZ cards. If anyone has BIZ card codes please update this thread!
Can you gift these bonus MQM's? Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by 141park
Can you gift these bonus MQM's? Thanks
You can only gift MQMs from Reserve cards. There should be no restriction on the 3rd spend bonus so yes it should be possible to give all 45,000 to someone else.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
This seems to be TARGETED offer for consumer NOT open aka biz cards. However

The Delta Amex Reserve card offer code if you want to call to try to have them load is: 2 2222CTLF
The Delta Amex Platinum card offer code if you want to call to try to have them load is: 1 2222CTL6

Again neither code will work with BIZ cards. If anyone has BIZ card codes please update this thread!
Any one have luck adding the codes if they weren't targeted? Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:59 am

You can only gift MQMs from Reserve cards. There should be no restriction on the 3rd spend bonus so yes it should be possible to give all 45,000 to someone else.
Thank you!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
Originally Posted by GatorBlues
It's not very helpful for me. With Diamond now out of reach, there's no reason to pile up more MQMs. I fly high Gold to low Platinum, and an Amex MQM bonus ensure I won't miss Platinum even in a slow travel year. There's no longer any value for me in pushing farther. Chase Sapphire Reserve gets the bulk of my spend now.
We have identical agendas now. DL lost half of my travel for 18 which is now served by direct routes via WN out of BHM. Very happy DL burned me honestly. I am home several more days a month now with better flights. AMEX lost my spend and DL lost my biz and now my wallet and mind are in a better place.

NO idea why I was so loyal to DL for so long (3MM). The grass has been truly greener.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this offer targeted? I haven't received any such email.
I didn't receive it either. If they wanted, Amex can see that I spend $60,001 on my Reserve each year and then move to other cards (including other Amex cards, and in the $30k+ range).

Since I'm still keeping lots of spend on Amex, they probably don't care which specific product I keep it on.

Probably wouldn't go for it anyway - it would put me at risk of accidentally getting DM. I much rather prefer to stay at PM with healthy rollover in case I have a down year (MQDs are not an issue for me).
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by 141park
Any one have luck adding the codes if they weren't targeted? Thanks!
I did NOT get the email on my personal Delta Amex Platinum account. I called, and once the rep finally realized I was not talking about a new card bonus offer, they confirmed I was eligible for the spend offer and said they entered the code into my account. So, maybe worth calling.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by josephstern
No such offer for me - I wish. I'd take them up on it!
Same here. I wonder why only some of us are getting the offer.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta
I may be on the same path as you.. really pulling back
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
My guess is that this is to try to draw people back to AMEX spend after the 250k waiver change. I’d bet a lot of people stopped funneling their spend to AMEX since there’s very few of us who can make 250, this is their way to draw some people back. They will see how well it works and reserve the right to discontinue it.
And it will not work, I am among the many others that has stopped using the AMEX after 25K of spend and I cancelled my second card. I already have 250K MQM's so piling more on that can't be useful is moronic. If they had even made the waiver 60K I would have been onboard, but 250K is insulting.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I just checked online and called. The rep knew nothing and claimed it was bogus so my guess he was clueless and this is targeted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.