Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Basic Economy as Platinum = stand by list?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Basic Economy as Platinum = stand by list?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by sevastras
No one said they were reissued, I am just suggesting that they are from my experience. They "usually" wont issue a seat prior to the gate agent, from my understanding unless they were reissued into MC. If OP lets us know is they are on the upgrade list now, then we can be certain. If they are not, I am wrong on the MC thing and it would be good to know for certain.
They definitely were not reticketed as others have mentioned. All it was is that the agent was able to assign a seat. There is mixed luck here - official policy is "no" but presumably if it's not every time there is flexibility. I've only asked once but I got a seat assigned for me and my partner when I did (it was for an international flight where Y was $150 more than BE and C+ was already sold out).
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:31 am
Original Poster

And just on our way to the airport DELTA 3951 cancelled.
uber is re routing to JFK, hope to make it for my 1pm departure

Anyone know the cancellation reason? It’s not snowing here, roads are clean.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
ATC traffic hold - ground stop for all flights going to JFK until 9am. Probably from low ceilings and winds, which means less landing slots, and the regional jets get canceled first to allow larger planes to land.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rylan
ATC traffic hold - ground stop for all flights going to JFK until 9am. Probably from low ceilings and winds, which means less landing slots, and the regional jets get canceled first to allow larger planes to land.
thanks rylan!
they could’ve just delay the flight tho, no? Why cancel?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Usually when that happens at a busy airport like JFK, you get a huge backup of traffic and the airport then can't handle all the incoming flights when the ground stop is released... so ATC tells airlines they have to drop a certain number of landing slots. DL ops decided it was better to cancel than have the aircraft held up for hours. Perhaps they are using the equipment for a different flight now instead of having an early morning delay impact the rest of the days operation.
justsawaufo likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
you get what you pay for...
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by DAL-767
Yes, because all those paid F passengers took the non-existent plane to DCA (unless you're referring to the split ticket, which is a dumb risk without very generous layover buffer).
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DAL-767
cool story bro.

Originally Posted by ethernal
Yes, because all those paid F passengers took the non-existent plane to DCA (unless you're referring to the split ticket, which is a dumb risk without very generous layover buffer).
True. I didn’t have a choice but to split the ticket.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by justsawaufo

cool story bro.

True. I didn’t have a choice but to split the ticket.
Cost....or some other reason?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OHDL1
Cost....or some other reason?
KE F award ticket (JFK-ICN) and no availability to combine the leg used for repositioning (DCA-JFK).

I just took Uber to JFK instead, which will get me there in 30 mins, plenty of time for my flight. It all ended up as being a minor inconvenience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.