Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to claim/gift Reserve MQMs (note, you must already be logged in before you click on this link, otherwise you will be redirected to the DL home page): https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action

"You can gift your MQMs to a loved one or friend by depositing them into their account within 30 days. If a recipient is not chosen within 30 days, we will automatically add the MQMs to your account."
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Delta Platinum/Reserve AMEX MQM boost thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2020, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by uitailgater
Has anyone received the Status Boost today? I hit $30k spend on 12/19, received the email 12/23, and the online tracker shows I'm over $30k. I tried to request the MQMs to my SkyMiles account today, but it's saying "You have not reached the eligible spending level for the selected card to add MQMs to your SkyMiles account or to give them to someone else".
Same thing happened to me (email received about a week earlier than you but I didn't get around to trying it until yesterday). I did a chat with Amex to confirm I had met the status boost threshold as shown, and then put in a Delta support request to which I have not yet received a response.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by lsquare
So my last charge posted today! The pending label was removed. The meter hasn't moved. I'm crossing my fingers the meter will move before midnight EST tonight. I'm crossing my fingers I'll get the extra 25% MQM by mistake!!!
I never saw the meter moved. I logged in earlier in the evening and the meter was reset back to $0 instead. Then I went and try out the Delta AMEX link in this thread. I selected business Reserve and the MQM boost was available! I select it and it did said 15k MQM boost. I logged into my app and it posted. No 2021 bonus like Beckles.

I'm now at 80k MQM. How long does it take DL to update my profile and move me up to Platinum?
Zorak likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm now at 80k MQM. How long does it take DL to update my profile and move me up to Platinum?
Congrats! My experience has been that status updates overnight roughly 1-2 days after you hit the threshold.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I reached the threshold on my Plat card with spend that posted on 12/30. Since the tracker doesn't work/didn't update I spoke to an Amex rep on the phone on 12/31 who confirmed the threshold was reached and the MQM Boost should post. Checked in via Amex chat this morning since it still hadn't posted to my Skymiles account and was told 2-4 weeks from statement close. And further that I should ask Delta to post it since it's all on them. I realize this is probably the printed T&C but in my (and most people's) experience the MQMs post overnight the day after reaching the threshold. How long should I wait to pursue it further?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd wait until a couple days after your statement closes.

BTW, since you seem to be a DM and status was extended, does it matter to you when the MQMs arrive in your account? The only thing I can think of would be someone who wants to pick and use a choice benefit before February 1st.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Peatisback
I reached the threshold on my Plat card with spend that posted on 12/30. Since the tracker doesn't work/didn't update I spoke to an Amex rep on the phone on 12/31 who confirmed the threshold was reached and the MQM Boost should post. Checked in via Amex chat this morning since it still hadn't posted to my Skymiles account and was told 2-4 weeks from statement close. And further that I should ask Delta to post it since it's all on them. I realize this is probably the printed T&C but in my (and most people's) experience the MQMs post overnight the day after reaching the threshold. How long should I wait to pursue it further?
The "spending report" can show annual spend for 2020 -- https://global.americanexpress.com/spending-report/2020. Unlike the yearly raw transactions totals, this one has returns subtracted out so you don't need to manually do it. However, you will need to subtract out the "Fees & Adjustments" category. I hit my Reserve Card second boost with spend on 12/30. It did take a couple days for it to go from "Pending" status to Posted. I got the boost qualification email from DL on 1/2.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 4, 2021 at 2:03 pm
Old Jan 4, 2021, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Claiming AMEX MQM Mileage Boost

I qualified for the 15,000 MQM Mileage Boost in Late December. When I click the link to claim my miles (I've done it a few times), it either takes me to the Delta home page or to a page where I then indicate that I want the miles to go to my own account. I click on that choice and it then tells me I haven't qualified for the boost. This is despite receiving the mail that says I did. I don't get it!
Old Jan 4, 2021, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The URL in the email is a redirect (each email has a unique generated URL of the form https://click.t.delta.com/..... to track that you have clicked a link which was emailed to your account). The redirects currently seems to be having issues (I'm getting redirected to the home page as well). You can try going directly to the selection page (after logging into your account) by going here -- https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/mbrLanding.action
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beckles
Well, this was a surprise, I knew this change was coming, but thought it was for status boosts earned starting 1/1/21. I had another post on 12/12/20 that did not receive the same benefit (it was from a Business Reserve card though).

Well, either you got lucky or they have corrected the bug. I selected my second 2020 Reserve MQM Boost today and while the selection page said it would be 18,750 MQMs, when I checked the transaction in my account activity, it only posted as 15,000 MQMs. Perhaps I should have just let it post without selecting it, but I guess I got overly confident when it said I would be given 18,750 MQMs.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Tried that and got this message...

"You have not reached the eligible spending level for the selected card to add MQMs to your SkyMiles account or to give them to someone else."

The link also stated the boost was 18750 miles. I assume that went into effect for 2021. I wonder if that's the problem.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yogimax
Tried that and got this message...

"You have not reached the eligible spending level for the selected card to add MQMs to your SkyMiles account or to give them to someone else."

The link also stated the boost was 18750 miles. I assume that went into effect for 2021. I wonder if that's the problem.
Did you have any recent refunds or chargebacks which might have taken you under the spend threshold? You can get your spend summary report for 2020 here -- https://global.americanexpress.com/spending-report/2020. You will need to subtract out the "Fees & Adjustments" category.

I just successfully selected mine and while it says 18,750, it only deposited 15,000 MQMs. The 18,750 amount only applies to Boosts earned for 2021 spend.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by xliioper
Well, either you got lucky or they have corrected the bug. I selected my second 2020 Reserve MQM Boost today and while the selection page said it would be 18,750 MQMs, when I checked the transaction in my account activity, it only posted as 15,000 MQMs. Perhaps I should have just let it post without selecting it, but I guess I got overly confident when it said I would be given 18,750 MQMs.
I think he got really lucky. The email seems very generic. I got it as well. However, I only got 15k MQM.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The email had the correct amount (15,000 MQMs). It was only the selection page which erroneously listed 18,750 MQMs.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Maybe delta.dumb is seeing that the OP hasn't earned MQMs yet in the 2021 calendar year.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 2:55 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
You need to wait for your statement to close after hitting the spend threshold. At that time the link will work for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.