Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Which aircraft has the best economy seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles & Marriott Bonvoy

Which Delta aircraft has the best economy seat for both domestic and international flights. Factors I'm talking about are seat comfort, space, if theirs IFE on board, etc. I'm going on multiple business trips soon with different aircraft options so I was just wondering. Pricing doesn't matter as long as its economy. Thanks a lot!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
I enjoy the EMB series planes domestically. Internationally, in my opinion, it doesn't get better than any 767. 2x3x2 is a nice configuration.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I enjoy the EMB series planes domestically. Internationally, in my opinion, it doesn't get better than any 767. 2x3x2 is a nice configuration.
I agree 100%. The E-175s are one of the best aircraft to fly domestically because of the newish interior and larger overhead bins than on other RJs.

The international 767s are also good because the 2-3-2 layout really minimizes the odds of getting a middle seat. The legroom, width, seat padding, and adjustable headrest on the 767s are pretty standard, but good.

The refitted 757s in Y with an open middle seat is also pretty great, but that is rare. I personally like the mood lighting, but I know some people hate it.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
International Y (in widebodies at least) is actually very similar in Delta's fleet since they have not moved to 10-abreast Y. Relatively similar seat width and pitch across the fleet. My preference is 767 if only because it minimizes the number of middle seats - followed by 330 and then 777 for that reason.

Domestically, FlyerWX is right on with E-175 being the best. Wide seats and low density cabin (thanks to union contracts maxing out seat capacity at 76) means a high degree of comfort without the usual cons of RJs (don't have to gatecheck bags).

Overall, my preference is E-175 -> A320 family (with new seats), MD-90, 717 -> 757, 737, MD-88, 320 family with old seats -> non-Embraer regional jets.

This is based solely on seat quality as I don't use IFE. If you like IFE, avoid the MD and 717 families (although I think all have that Delta studio thing I've never used).
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
333 11J
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Definitely the E-jets.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & 1M, Hilton Gold, IHG Rewards Plat
For international, I like new A350 because of its big VOD screen. No comfort+ seat but pretty good legroom even for normal Y seat. And I prefer its seat padding to other aircrafts.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
I have see the new C-series (CS-100, Delta have just buy), If they keep the same seat & configuration will be great !
The new overhead bin system, make them HUGE !!!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Another vote for the Embraers here. Also the 717s are pretty good too.

For Long Haul, 767 and A330 are pretty good. I've never flown Delta's regular economy overseas, always C+ or D1, so my judgement is based on C+ seats for widebodies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.