Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Technical issues" with FlyDelta App on 2/23

Old Feb 23, 17, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM

Is anyone else having problems with the app (Android version)?

I checked in for a flight, but I can't load the boarding passes. Instead it says:

"We're sorry. We're having some technical issues with Today on the Fly Delta app, but we're working to fix it as quickly as possible."

I've got paper versions printed out as a backup.

I'm wondering if others are having similar issues, or there's something specific about my trip that's making the app barf (booked via a travel agent, changed flights late last night due to MSP weather waiver, upgraded to W on one leg).
Old Feb 23, 17, 9:00 am

Programs: Delta
I had that two weeks ago when I was checking in. The app can be hit or miss, and in fairness to the developers, it's more hit these days. I remember when it would crash right at the security agent. For this reason, I always get backup paper tix, and especially for second legs of flights overseas. It's not worth it to be sitting there rebooting your phone, finding the network etc. I have an Android (v6.01)
Old Feb 23, 17, 9:02 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I alwayz take a screenshot immediately after I view my BP for the first time on the app.
Old Feb 23, 17, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
I alwayz take a screenshot immediately after I view my BP for the first time on the app.
Yeah, I would have tried that except it gave the error the first time I tried to view the BP.
Old Feb 23, 17, 9:51 am

Programs: delta dm
You could also ....wait for it ....... print a paper ticket at the aiport. I know...the humanity!!! I still always have a printed BP in case my phone dies.😉☺👍
Old Feb 23, 17, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dzflyer View Post
You could also ....wait for it ....... print a paper ticket at the aiport. I know...the humanity!!! I still always have a printed BP in case my phone dies.😉☺👍
I'm a millennial, and I want instant satisfaction! 😏

I was mostly curious if it was a widespread issue (as the wording of the error message seems to suggest) or it was just me. In this case, seems to be just me.
Old Feb 23, 17, 10:15 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
With this new "offline" mode it tells me I am offline when I have a perfect fine wireless connection.
Old Feb 20, 18, 8:07 am

Same issue

Hello,
i am flying this week and I'm getting the same issues that you spoke of. Delta is having trouble with the Today feed message. I can access most of the app but the digital tickets and boarding passes in the Today section are not working
I have uninstalled it three times and reinstalled to no avail. I tweeted Delta about the issue and sent a screen shot but did not get a reply. It's an Android issue as passengers around me with iPhones had no issues .

I hope they fix it soon.
Old Feb 20, 18, 9:56 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
I had a similar issue last month. Restarting my phone resolved the issue. Used to have bigger problems with the "offline" issue and getting stuck in that mode. But that seems to have largely been fixed several updates ago.

Last edited by LBJ; Feb 20, 18 at 12:10 pm
Old Feb 20, 18, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by dzflyer View Post
^

BPs are one example of where the glitz associated with using new technology does not outweigh the reliability of the low tech solution.

Of course, carrying an iPhone, with all of the attendant battery life and software issues, reinforces my opinion.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: