Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Here’s A Look Back At Your 2017 Medallion Year" Email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Here’s A Look Back At Your 2017 Medallion Year" Email

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:44 pm

I thought the more interesting part of the email was trying to get me to do the deltamedallionlife thing. First off, I don't have a twitter. Second, why in the world would I want to do Delta's marketing for them for free? At least offer some free miles or a chance to win a free trip or something. Perhaps we could promote all the ways Delta pinched pennies over the last year! Keep climbing racing to the bottom Delta!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Received the email and watched the video and initially dismissed it as, you know, marketing. But now that I've read your post and re-watched the video, I noticed that nobody in the video really looks like me or reflects my personal experiences. I've sent an angry letter to Ed Bastian demanding 25,000 miles in compensation.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I got it but haven't tried to play the video at work.

Now if DL could just (please) send me my new DM kit for the soon-to-begin new program year.

Priorities. <sigh>
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:01 pm

American sent out something similar weeks ago same info but no video not sure the video,really added much
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I wonder how much this little bit of fluff cost Delta. Mine was inaccurate about the city I traveled to the most also .

IMO, whatever the amount, it would have been better spent on IT issues, or retraining employees who need it.
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Thumbs down what a freakin' waste of ...

... time, IT resources, money, you name it ...

like many -- if not, probably, most -- DL FTers, I keep track of my miles, destinations, upgrades (or paid D1 segments), and the like; more importantly, I ** absolutely DO NOT CARE ** that DL thinks it's worth a millisecond of my time to revisit last year's so-called "accomplishments"

it's cr@p like this -- aimed at the always-connected self-centered ultra-techie audience -- that's making me really re-think how much business I want to send Delta's way
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL DM
Not sure why anyone would expect a “personalized video” I agree, complete waste of time
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, million miler
Trying to figure out who got the free trip to Orlando that I guess I gave away. Also, I flew to Orange County the most, not Los Angeles. Big difference!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Diamond medallion, HHonors Diamond,
PM -no video link for me today.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I thought it was cute, but I was disappointed that it seemed to miss part of my travels on Delta last year as far as city/country tallies.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
It felt like those cheesy year end or friend anniversary videos on Facebook. No way in hades I'm putting that on my social media feed.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL GM
I mean, I guess it is cool that they do it and I'm sure if even 5% of people love it and feel more committed to Delta and the rest delete it and move on with their day, it did some good for Delta. I couldn't possibly care less and it was also wrong in a number of spots. It is sort of like the "thank you for being a _____ medallion member" greetings, I sheepishly nod and go on with my day.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Apparently I'm in the top 3% of Medallion members. I wonder if that's just all DMs or personalized for me also. Then again, 3% of what number exactly...
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:59 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Oops, I went directly to the "Hall of Pathetic Rants" to post my feedback they got my most-frequently-visited airport correct, but told me I flew 22 business trips (I flew 2 business trips, neither one on DL, and the rest is all personal) in addition to telling me I used miles to visit a city that I haven't actually been to yet (booked in 2017 for 2018 travel)
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Apparently I'm in the top 3% of Medallion members. I wonder if that's just all DMs or personalized for me also. Then again, 3% of what number exactly...
My video said top 1%, so I guess not standard for all DM. But not sure what that really means.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.