Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50+ Diamonds onboard

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
We're wandering a bit off topic, but as a DM I've never seen close to a good deal in FCM. Everything has been 300+ for my flights, most of which aren't that long. I had a $1050 buy up offer for MSP-SLC-HNL recently.... Yeah no thanks after paying $1200 for a Y seat
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aero0729
Im thrilled about the waiver going up to 250K, it made no sense! Funny how everyone wants free Diamond status AND all the perks of the program to work. It was funny how pissed off Rene was at Renes points. I did not picture him as one that needed the waiver but I guess so. Im glad airlines are getting rid of the gamers...just wish they did not de-value the miles.
"Gamers" already have an avenue built-in(and has been built-in for years). Anyone that is MS/MR likely knows of these and the herd is only going to be thinned by those that won't spend a little more time. Shoot I wouldn't even say it's a 'little' more time. If you are searching for MRs you can click the mouse twice and be back to 'gaming'.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by OroroT
This is what I see too - big bucks for a two-hour flight. In 2016, as a complete zero, an utter nobody, I got an offer for $285 on KLM for AMS-SFO on the 747. Given there were upper deck seats open, I didn't think twice about it.
Uggh. Why can't I get offers like that? I'm with @tvtd...only get exorbitant one-leg offers like IAD-ATL for $250. This week I have $280 VPS-BWI. What a deal!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by dmarge18
Uggh. Why can't I get offers like that? I'm with @tvtd...only get exorbitant one-leg offers like IAD-ATL for $250. This week I have $280 VPS-BWI. What a deal!
Because your profile fits those that Delta sees as paying full / higher fare price for F. They will save the cheaper fares for more cost conscious travelers. It's the same as segmenting fares - the only benefit now is they can restrict who can buy those fares because you provide a FF#.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA
If it makes you feel any better, I have no offer to upgrade, nor have I received a complimentary upgrade yet on my upcoming flight SFO-SEA early Sunday morning. The flight is showing only about 30% of the seats occupied at this moment, and 6/12 available in FC.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:26 pm
Used to be 'roachjl'

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ethernal
Because your profile fits those that Delta sees as paying full / higher fare price for F. They will save the cheaper fares for more cost conscious travelers. It's the same as segmenting fares - the only benefit now is they can restrict who can buy those fares because you provide a FF#.
can you book the flight without a FF number and add your number later? See if that changes options.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by BlueStreak17

can you book the flight without a FF number and add your number later? See if that changes options.
I have not tried but it is likely that it would change the options. It is possible that they may cross-check against your secure flight information as this is "mostly" unique (99%+ - which is more than good enough for sales analytics).
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by pvn
Please elaborate
The 767-300's fit over 200 passengers (with the domestic version fitting 261) while the three configured 757's are 168-199 passengers. The A321's seat 192 while the 737-900's seat 180. You do the math.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dinodino
i spoke with Delta a few minutes ago regarding this morning’s flight 1255 (ATL - LAX), and the agent told me there are more than fifty Diamonds on this flight!

I, for one, welcome the increased card waiver.
Essentially you have to outright buy first class on these flights if you want to sit in the forward cabin.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cplush
exactly. im gold and recently paid $80 to bump over 56 people on the upgrade list for IND-ATL-PBI in first.
During the recent ATL electrical outage, I was rerouted to my destination on UA, where I have zero status. I did the same thing and paid a relatively small amount to move from a back of the bus middle seat to a first class seat. Tons of UA elites were skipped over as I immediately went to the front of the line. Cash is going to be rule of the road going forward.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:06 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by DCP2016
The 767-300's fit over 200 passengers (with the domestic version fitting 261) while the three configured 757's are 168-199 passengers. The A321's seat 192 while the 737-900's seat 180. You do the math.
How does fewer seats result in more diamonds on the plane?

FWIW, the flight OP was discussing is a 777.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by pvn
How does fewer seats result in more diamonds on the plane?

FWIW, the flight OP was discussing is a 777.
Fewer seats = Less likely to get an upgrade.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone that seems to get beyond Silver status and has EVER bought a FC seat seems to get no offers. And the rare offers they do get are much more than fare difference.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
Anyone that seems to get beyond Silver status and has EVER bought a FC seat seems to get no offers. And the rare offers they do get are much more than fare difference.
Yes, and this is the most frustrating thing about FCM. I understand why they do it (they run a business after all) but it is effectively a form of punishment for their loyal customers. If more people knew they were doing it, I'd hope that there would be uproar about it.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:46 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by DCP2016
Fewer seats = Less likely to get an upgrade.
You're going to have to show your work on that. A CRJ9 has a much higher F:Y ratio than a 767.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.