Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50+ Diamonds onboard

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
How about uncapping the limit on the number of miles you can earn? Delta supposedly wants to reward the customers who spend the most money, but if you buy a ticket over about $3,500 you actually get penalized.
Yeah that cap is completely ridiculous. I guess they figure that anyone buying a full-fare J ticket is a captive audience anyway. It's this sort of cynicism that make people hate the airlines.
bubbashow, dmarge18 and TheHorta like this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA
Originally Posted by TheHorta
My $0.02 in a world where pennies are worthless... the DM MQD waiver was a great step in the right direction, but I still feel DL can do more to make DM more "elite." I would support raising MQMs to 150K - 200K while capping total non-flight MQMs at 50K. If I had a personal wish list, I'd like to see MQDs rollover as well, or at least give us a 50% rollover or, at the very least, allow us to gift excess MQDs. Give the top tier back to those who pay-up and fly the miles. Of course, all of this is just the ramblings of an old man stuck in a hotel room in SoCal.
Yes, all of the ramblings to change the program always include said rambler within the top tier. Some of us do put in serious butt-time in those filthy metal tubes, in my case 140k miles last year. But due to being forced to fly on gov't tickets on strict fare rules (thank you taxpayers for at least funding my travel), it's nearly impossible to get top-tier status w/o the Amex MQD waiver.
dmarge18 and TheHorta like this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:07 am
Used to be 'roachjl'

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Meaningless as in Sky Priority doesn't mean much when everyone has it.

Useless as in it doesn't provide any benefits or value.

While Sky Priority is increasingly meaningless, it it isn't useless because it has some tangible value because it is still a higher priority boarding group.
So it's meaningless,because while it still offers some benefit and value, there are too many people who have it. Hmmmm. So basically, you don't feel special anymore because it doesn't feel exclusive enough.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:10 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Meaningless as in Sky Priority doesn't mean much when everyone has it.

Useless as in it doesn't provide any benefits or value.

While Sky Priority is increasingly meaningless, it it isn't useless because it has some tangible value because it is still a higher priority boarding group.
I still don't see what you're saying, if it provides benefits then it seems meaningful. When you say "when everyone else has it" are you trying to say that the meaning is directly linked to how much of a special snowflake you feel like?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I can't believe nobody has said it. The number of platinum or diamond elites has also swelled because Delta has given away the top two levels of elite status to many of its corporate customers. It seems like just a year or two ago, they made it absurdly easy for anyone from Seattle to get platinum status, as I recall. Then there's the issue of Sky Priority, which is meaningless these days because everyone has it. I've counted as many as 70 passengers on a MD-90 board either through premium boarding or Sky Priority boarding.

As so many others have said or implied, I don't necessarily take issue with increasing the requirements for elite status provided there are either enhancements or status quo in terms of mileage redemption and the value of the miles. It would also be nice if Delta was fair and transparent about not only award redemption, but also first-class monetization. Sadly, that hasn't been the case.

I also think we can all agree that the current MQM-earning requirements for each level are probably too low. 125,000 MQMs just isn't a lot these days, especially with the bonus MQMs one can get with a couple paid long-haul/medium-haul flights in paid business-class or first-class. Without adding a new tier, the levels should probably be:

25,000 (silver)
50,000 (gold)
100,000 (platinum)
150,000 (diamond)
What is the process or known numbers of the corporate partners? I do my dad works in Chicago and is a 3MM and DM because he lived so long in ATL. However his company he can get some United Status if he wants without flying. It's built in to the corporate deal. Is He hates United and isn't going to do it but assume DL and America both do this? How many are PM and DM and not near the requirements?

And as I said previously everyone things it's gamers... the gamers have Plan B and C. The waiver change is going to effect very little when the pax hit the terminal where it matters.

Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter
DYKWIA!.........

Please - everyone is all for changing the requirements for premium. So long as it doesn't impact them. How many people here would really willingly go back to FO status due to a DL change? None. That's how many. None.

The airlines screwed themselves here - they came up with these crazy schemes to "reward" high value fliers while still trying to keep loads up. If they would stop screwing Y and start treating everyone a little bit better then people might not care quite so much about the perks of status. But the airlines won't - it will cost them money. I suppose this will go on so long as their are people out there that think Diamond/1K/Whatever gets them something.

I do find it amusing that the airlines flat out told us they were going to screw us as loyal customers - make "elite" treatment more difficult and sell the F seats at a discount to whomever might by it ahead of giving it to us. the general response is "good! More for me!". This was even though they said the remaining elites would get less and the very people pushed out would likely get all the perks anyway albeit at a marginally higher cost. SMH.
They will. Next housing bubble or better yet the student loan bubble. Economy isn't booming they will again be trying to get people loyal to the program with upgrades and free stuff. Right now they are packed full and making piles of cash so yah they don't care right now.

How about uncapping the limit on the number of miles you can earn? Delta supposedly wants to reward the customers who spend the most money, but if you buy a ticket over about $3,500 you actually get penalized.
This is the biggest slap in the face of the 'people that spend the most' are most important. And then our 'most loyal'. The cap is just plain stupid. Buy a huge ticket and max out your mileage earned and it's MORE of a hit the higher status level you are. We value you but the max value we can give is this...
TheHorta likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.