Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Kindness of strangers at BOS last night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York

Last night, my brother and his wife were dealing with two sleeping kids (ages 2 and 6 months) at BOS while waiting for a flight that had taken a 3 hour delay. A random passenger saw them, told them that they probably needed to use the Delta lounge more than he did and gave them two passes to the SkyClub.

Thank you to whoever you are. It's the type of thing that a FTer would do and, if it was you, please PM me so that I can say thank you personally.

Faith in humanity restored on the first day of the year.

Mike
trooper, jj243, kate_ and 35 others like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
This reminds me of a post on FT I read over a decade ago, posted by a man from his POV. He entered an airline club and saw an attractive lady at the entrance desk being denied access. He then proceed to tell the lounge dragon that she was his guest and got her into the lounge. After posting this story, he was upbraided by other posters for , i guess chauvinism or something. Will see if I can find the original post ...
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
I didn't realize that there were paper (or the equivalent) club passes for Delta Skyclubs...
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:40 am

Programs: AA; Delta GM
That's a lovely story! Thank you for sharing. :-) It's good to be reminded that there is still kindness in the world.
Oxnardjan and NoTravelIsFree like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iflyalexair
I didn't realize that there were paper (or the equivalent) club passes for Delta Skyclubs...
You can still get Single Visit paper passes via the SkyBonus program. You can find old "Day Passes" for sale on Ebay, but I'd be more than a little suspect about these as DL has not sold them in several years.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was wondering about whether DL still sold day passes through GroupOn and whether there would be some old ones out there that hadn't yet expired.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: Skyteam
About 10 years ago, I saw someone pay for a total stranger's ticket at the DL counter after hearing about his death in the family and could not afford the full fare to attend the funeral.
UKFan78 and aquamarinesteph like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Americans are the most generous people in the world.
fotographer likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
so nice!!!
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skchin
About 10 years ago, I saw someone pay for a total stranger's ticket at the DL counter after hearing about his death in the family and could not afford the full fare to attend the funeral.
I feel like there was something similar, with a video or at least a pic on FaceBook/YouTube in the past year.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I feel like there was something similar, with a video or at least a pic on FaceBook/YouTube in the past year.
When I hear such stories, my first thought is to wonder whether it's a scam. [This is NOT a comment about the OP's case, but about the ploy to get a stranger to buy a plane ticket for someone else in an "emergency."]
IndyHoosier and synd like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by wxman22
Americans are the most generous people in the world.
And you evidence of this is...? I would accept among, but certainly not the most
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I was wondering about whether DL still sold day passes through GroupOn and whether there would be some old ones out there that hadn't yet expired.
I still have one of the Groupon ones I keep with me incase. It has NO expiration date. I used 1 last year with no problem
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:24 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
And you evidence of this is...? I would accept among, but certainly not the most
America #1 brah. The Kool-Aid...

Anyhow, lovely gesture I agree. Stunned as well paper coupons still exist.
largeeyes and DrunkCargo like this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I hear such stories, my first thought is to wonder whether it's a scam. [This is NOT a comment about the OP's case, but about the ploy to get a stranger to buy a plane ticket for someone else in an "emergency."]
Well that's pretty cynical of you.
I'd imagine that the odds of success are sufficiently low to make it one of the more unproductive scams out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.