Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Kindness of strangers at BOS last night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kindness of strangers at BOS last night

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I hear such stories, my first thought is to wonder whether it's a scam. [This is NOT a comment about the OP's case, but about the ploy to get a stranger to buy a plane ticket for someone else in an "emergency."]
Wow, that is beyond sad that your first thought is a scam.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:59 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
It's good that people still do random acts of kindness. I just wish it was more often!!
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Great story and glad to hear the generosity out there.
BearX220 and aquamarinesteph like this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: United Lifetime Gold;SPG Gold (occasional platinum);SW;etc.
Travel is so stressful these days-especially when you don't have lounge access or other perks. It's such a lovely gesture to make someone else's voyage a little more pleasant.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
They had one day passes for sale at the skyclubs a couple weeks ago. Don't remember the price but think it was around $250 for 5. You can also get paper passes through Skybonus if you are a small business owner and participate in that program.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seabilly
They had one day passes for sale at the skyclubs a couple weeks ago. Don't remember the price but think it was around $250 for 5. You can also get paper passes through Skybonus if you are a small business owner and participate in that program.
Did you check if they were actually "day" passes, and not "visit" passes. I suspect they were likely the latter and that once purchased they would be stamped with an expiration date. The Sky Bonus passes are now all visit passes (not "day" passes) and have a stamped expiration date.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
Did you check if they were actually "day" passes, and not "visit" passes. I suspect they were likely the latter and that once purchased they would be stamped with an expiration date. The Sky Bonus passes are now all visit passes (not "day" passes) and have a stamped expiration date.
No I didn't check. Wasn't really interested in them since I have exec membership, just curious to see they were offering them. You are probably correct that they were visit requests which makes the price even worse considering you can get a visit pass for $29 with the right Delta AMEX card.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Seabilly
Not that long ago, long after the merger, DL was selling lounge passes around the holidays at a (promotional?) price of $99 for four or five. IIRC this happened for at least two consecutive years, but the number might have dropped from five to four, and they needed to be purchased in a SC.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:55 am

Not that long ago, long after the merger, DL was selling lounge passes around the holidays at a (promotional?) price of $99 for four or five. IIRC this happened for at least two consecutive years, but the number might have dropped from five to four, and they needed to be purchased in a SC.
I remember that. I picked up a pack of those to see if they would count towards my AMEX Plat airline credit (they didn't) But I made a lot of friends in the office from co-workers who only occasionally travel.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I swear I saw something recently about a discounted rate on 4 guest passes or something like that but now I can't find the email or post.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by LBJ
You can find old "Day Passes" for sale on Ebay, but I'd be more than a little suspect about these as DL has not sold them in several years.
Most if not all are counterfeit. Delta still hands out stacks of them at events or to corporate contract clients.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.