Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Day of Departure GUC usage on KLM ex-AMS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles

I have a DL marketed flight coming up: LIS-AMS-SFO-SEA. (First two legs KLM operated, last is DL) I have a GUC I'd like to use on the KLM operated AMS-SFO leg but i've been seeing no Z inventory for over a month ( though 9 biz class seats remain). I'm thinking it may come down to a day of departure upgrade. I'd prefer to use a GUC but am also open to do paid/miles upgrades if it comes down to it. Some questions to cover all my bases:

- Is there some rule of thumb for when KLM tends to open up Z inventory ahead of a flight?
- Can a GUC be applied day of departure by phone ahead of time thru the DL medallion number? Or only 24h + in advance?
- Are GUCs still eligible day of departure for upgrading from a KLM lounge in AMS? Or is the upgrade fee+ 25k miles the only way?
- I only have a 75 minute layover in KLM which is cutting it close. Is there a rule on what's too late for an upgrade from the lounge?
- Is there any way to process a J upgrade for the AMS-SFO leg from a KLM check in desk at LIS?
- Will I get a KLM check-in email with seat selection (and possible paid J upgrade offers) for my KLM legs? I've gotten these before but I don't know the exact rules for when you get them. I think it's when the first flight is KLM operated but not sure.

Thanks for any help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.