Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No More Newspapers in SC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by 1Banker
Older folk read more newspapers, but only 50% or so of the general population. I suspect a little higher % of those that fly. Nevertheless a significant number & now a previous benefit of SC membership is gone. I sent an email to delta.com (more correctly called delta.dumb) over a week ago to complain & so far no response. My interpretation is they don't really care what we think. It is a done deal & we just have to live with it.

I posted the email address of the manager earlier. He has been personally responding.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by LegalTender
This morning at SFO SC: There is a stack of 30+ Sunday SF Chronicles and a buffet w/actual china and silverware. The desk agent unravels the mystery: "This club serves a discriminating international traveler."

What exactly are the parameters for daily periodicals and upscale provisions?

I'll hang up and listen....
The irony is the suggestion that a discriminating international traveler would read the SF Chron—an embarrassing shell of its former self.
Bring back the NYT, WSJ, and FT!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I posted the email address of the manager earlier. He has been personally responding.

Is he the best to email?

Or is it Claude Roussel, Managing Director - Delta SkyClubs that would be better to email?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Is he the best to email?

Or is it Claude Roussel, Managing Director - Delta SkyClubs that would be better to email?
I'm sure he would be worth emailing as well, but the other gentleman has been responsive.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:55 am
Suspended

In Raleigh, the Sky Club had two copies of the local newspaper near the desk when you first enter the lounge.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach

Always good to let Claude know your thoughts on the clubs. He basically does whatever Mr. Ham Sandwich says, but it seems that even Hammy eventually acknowledges survey and complaint data after pushing the limits on what customers will tolerate. He bet no one would notice these papers.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta PM
I don't think DL ever took a survey, they just use that excuse to make it sound like they listen to their customers.
Remember this is the same Sky Club that has had margarine instead of butter for years.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:05 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I'd say maybe 25% of the crowd is leafing through a Sunday Chronicle, or has been. Discarded sections in seating pods across the club.
One other thing to consider, actual consumption doesn't indicate the true level of people who truly value the amenity (which is why removing it and seeing how bad the complaints are is often better than just taking a survey).
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
In the ATL C club last Thursday, they actually had Nat Geo Traveler magazines. First time in a long while I've seen anything other than Sky Magazine.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by pvn
One other thing to consider, actual consumption doesn't indicate the true level of people who truly value the amenity (which is why removing it and seeing how bad the complaints are is often better than just taking a survey).
I tend to think consumption of free WiFi indicates the "true level of people who truly value the amenity." A trial suspension would not be advisable. Truly.

SF may have been ingeniously left out of the survey. You know, the one in which they asked you about your preference for plastic cups, premium drinks, no bottled water, no newspapers, no nuthin.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I tend to think consumption of free WiFi indicates the "true level of people who truly value the amenity." A trial suspension would not be advisable. Truly.

SF may have been ingeniously left out of the survey. You know, the one in which they asked you about your preference for plastic cups, premium drinks, no bottled water, no newspapers, no nuthin.
I duck and cover whenever I see a DL PR blurb that begins with anything of the nature "We are responding to the many requests of our customers..."

That intro seldom bodes well.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dmarge18
In the ATL C club last Thursday, they actually had Nat Geo Traveler magazines. First time in a long while I've seen anything other than Sky Magazine.
The international terminal Sky Club lounge has had them for a while.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
This would apply to water too?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
What exactly are the parameters for daily periodicals and upscale provisions?

I'll hang up and listen....
That it is my home airport. If that isn't a good enough parameter, I don't really have an answer for you
I took a Chron and a WSJ on Friday. I ate off of a real plate.

Although I may just be blowing air out of one orifice or another, I would expect that, as a percentage of travelers, DL @sfo probably fills its premium cabins with fewer complimentary upgrades than any other market in the USA.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
That it is my home airport. If that isn't a good enough parameter, I don't really have an answer for you
I took a Chron and a WSJ on Friday. I ate off of a real plate.

Although I may just be blowing air out of one orifice or another, I would expect that, as a percentage of travelers, DL @sfo probably fills its premium cabins with fewer complimentary upgrades than any other market in the USA.

yes. There are probably a lot of paid D1 flights. Also there is international connecting premium traffic from ST partners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.