Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

CS Rep insulting me re: Delta One in LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CS Rep insulting me re: Delta One in LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:15 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I used the Delta One check-in area at LAX T2 5 days before the date of this post. The Delta One check-in area at the new T2 is a TOTALLY different animal from the old one at T5. The old one was a very nice touch, albeit seemingly unnecessary. It gave you the feel of a tiny bit of privacy and exclusivity til you got to the security checkpoint. The new one truly IS virtually useless. . . .

Originally Posted by philipr4
I just returned from LAX to JFK. Upon arrival at Delta One in T2, there was no one there and I was sent to the regular escalator ride to security upstairs.
Unless I missed it somewhere, there's NO special escalator, or elevator to security like the old one at T5. The day I was there, the escalator up to security that's closest to the D1 check-in was out of order, and I didn't feel like trudging up the steps of a non-working escalator with 2 carry-ons, so I had to walk - maybe 50 feet - to the next escalator, but, I never saw any "non-regular" escalator just for Delta One pax. I'm not sure where it could be, based on the layout.

The entire area is TINY compared to the old area. They do have a few snacks available, but, it simply doesn't have the "feel" of the old one, where you didn't hafto mingle with the riff raff <kettles> til the security checkpoint, due to the private elevator ride to security.

Originally Posted by philipr4
Not to mention I was then redirected to T3 for my flight. That cattle carried on the bus is not fun right after surgery!
I guess I don't understand your complaint here. Were you expecting a private bus for Delta One pax? Did anyone there know you had surgery so that they could at least attempt to make things a little easier for you? Or, is the complaint that your flight wasn't departing from T2, since that's where the D1 check-in area is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.