Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Silver, Upgrade Questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
To the OPs original question. If you want a shot at an UG, you will need to have delta split someone out of your reservation. I'd say as of now, your UG looks good but your flight is still 2 1/2 weeks away so that can change in an instant. As a former FO who just became a GM after my last flight, those saying that an FO UG is impossible is not 100% accurate. Sure UG's for FO's are rare but the OPs situation is actually a case where an UG for an FO would happen on a elite-lite route and on a holiday. By no means is this an elite lite route but I received a window UG on ATL-DCA as a FO the Saturday after July 4th and flew it the week before with 65 PAX on the UG list.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: DL Silver, DL Million Miler
Keep your fingers crossed. I am an FO and recently was upgraded, as was my wife, SAT to ATL!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Policypeddler
Keep your fingers crossed. I am an FO and recently was upgraded, as was my wife, SAT to ATL!
This must have been on an odd day/time flight. My experience has been that SAT to ATL UGs are iffy even for DMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.