Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Changes in service on flights < 350 miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes in service on flights < 350 miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
And you'll get a full dinner on that flight.

I mean, it's a 45 minute flight, how many chocolate graham crackers do you really need?
We are paying a premium and expect better service. Delta wants >80% paid F. They need to deliver on service if they want to reach that goal.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ
Have you considered the fact that they only have 1 FA on the 50-seat RJ's? It's not simply about the aircraft size, but also how many FA's you have to handle the service.
When Freedom Airlines was operating as Delta Connection between MCO-FLL their flight attendants managed to do a water service. It's not that difficult.
DCP2016 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

When Freedom Airlines was operating as Delta Connection between MCO-FLL their flight attendants managed to do a water service. It's not that difficult.
This past weekend flew AMS-DUS (30 min flight) and the packed jet all got a water and a snack (coach and 1st). Delta could do the same if they wanted to. My guess is this is to keep the FAs happy (i.e. not to push for union).
KDCAflyer likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
The penny pinching drives me crazy on a frequent route of mine, PIT-NYC. It is about 325 miles long...so under 350. The FA's have plenty of time to serve the 50-60 or so passengers on the CRJ-900 (as I witnessed 100 times before the change). You are on the plane for nearly 2 hours most of the time. Give me a damn drink. I will say that most FA's are willing to give you a beer if you beg nicely in C+.

Agreed with above that this directly contradicts with MCO-ATL which is a shorter flight time wise, on a larger aircraft, but always gets a drink.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pgh234
The penny pinching drives me crazy on a frequent route of mine, PIT-NYC. It is about 325 miles long...so under 350. The FA's have plenty of time to serve the 50-60 or so passengers on the CRJ-900 (as I witnessed 100 times before the change). You are on the plane for nearly 2 hours most of the time. Give me a damn drink. I will say that most FA's are willing to give you a beer if you beg nicely in C+.

Agreed with above that this directly contradicts with MCO-ATL which is a shorter flight time wise, on a larger aircraft, but always gets a drink.
Again, the new policy still calls for water/snack service in coach on flights of this length as well as beer/wine/snacks in C+ (and liquor if time permits). If they are failing to do this, then they are not following DL policy.

Delta is modifying its beverage service in C+ & coach 251-350 mile flights
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
I have been on CRJ-200 flights with only water stocked. I was in 1B (or "C+), saw the FA look all through the galley for me, but only had water.

And my whining above also applies to C-, they deserve a beverage of choice on PIT-NYC...regardless of service current standards.

Originally Posted by LBJ
Again, the new policy still calls for water/snack service in coach on flights of this length as well as beer/wine/snacks in C+ (and liquor if time permits). If they are failing to do this, then they are not following DL policy.

Delta is modifying its beverage service in C+ & coach 251-350 mile flights
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:38 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pvn
I mean, it's a 45 minute flight, how many chocolate graham crackers do you really need?
All of them. I need all of the chocolate graham crackers.

I had an FA do a full beverage service on CHA-ATL. I think this was back in the ASA days.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:45 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card

We are paying a premium and expect better service. Delta wants >80% paid F. They need to deliver on service if they want to reach that goal.
Well it could always be "better". Idk, I flew two <350mile flights earlier this week and got the full snack basket in F, not really sure what the complaint actually is.

If you're connecting to a D1 flight on a full-fare J ticket, should you get a red carpet and full steak dinner on your 250 mile connection flight? That particular argument is actually nonsesical because nobody expects the service level to be tied to your entire itinerary, it's always been tied to what cabin you're in on that particular segment, and nobody with normal expectations expects anything different.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Renes Points
This past weekend flew AMS-DUS (30 min flight) and the packed jet all got a water and a snack (coach and 1st). Delta could do the same if they wanted to. My guess is this is to keep the FAs happy (i.e. not to push for union).
I agree, but I wonder if there's another motivation too, since many flights of that length are RJ-operated. It's not like those FAs could credibly unionize.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.