Wiki Posts
Search

C+ 'upgrades' being held back

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm aware it can/may be capacity controlled, however this flight is almost empty. W9 all the way to V9. Over 2 dozen C+ seats available on the map.

Sorry but this is a huge devaluation if they are going to be holding back C+ upgrades like that. It seems some ppl forget when PM/DM used to be able to select C+ during the booking process and not have to wait for the bogus 'upgrade' to process.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I mean...we're still sitting over 2 months away from CES. Just because it's empty now doesn't mean it won't fill over the next month or so as companies finalize who will be going.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:37 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Maybe we'll see this statement next....
Any business where you give the majority of your best product away for free doesnt work, he said. This is the second best real estate on the planet, and while we appreciate the loyalty of flyers, we couldnt continue to give it away.
apodo77 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM
call Delta

I had this happening a couple or so months ago--see this thread

Change to Comfort+ Medallion Upgrade timing?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rylan
I'm curious... has anyone else NOT had a eligible C+ 'upgrade' clear when there were loads of W seats available?
NO, that's a very different question from what you seemed to be asking in your OP: If upgrades are AVAILABLE, you should clear. OTOH, if you're merely ELIGIBLE for the upgrade, you should expect to get it only when upgrade inventory (not just lots of empty C+ seats) is available.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by rylan
I'm curious... has anyone else NOT had a eligible C+ 'upgrade' clear when there were loads of W seats available?
Yes, many many times on DTW-NRT, DTW-ICN, DTW-PVG routes and vice versa.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec
Originally Posted by earck
PM here. I've had this happen twice now. The first time, the C+ upgrade eventually cleared a couple weeks after booking. But, I also have a Vegas flight for CES which has not cleared for me.

My guess is that they expect to be able to sell them all due to high demand.
Update: My C+ upgrade cleared this morning. 2 months after booking...

Interestingly it cleared me, but didn't assign a set. Good thing I checked, because there was only 1 non-middle seat left.

Last edited by earck; Nov 2, 2017 at 8:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.