Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

An Extraordinary SkyMiles Value - VS PE to Upper Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An Extraordinary SkyMiles Value - VS PE to Upper Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I've been trying to do this for months on an upcoming flight but there continues to be zero inventory, even though EF shows J9 in both directions.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
A similar deal of 20K SkyMiles to upgrade from PE to Business is possible for TATL flights on AF.
Not sure that it is exactly the same deal, but I used something like it in 2012. Upgraded an AF A ticket (the cheapest PE booking class). But as I recall, you could only request within 72 hours of the flight.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Can only be done on DL coded, VS operated flights. So LHR-JNB/PVG are out.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:13 am
C W
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
SM still haven't been deducted for Upper Class upgrade, over a week now. Slightly concerned something isn't going through properly.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Has your flight been reticketed? The miles won’t be pulled till it is.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:32 am
C W
Original Poster

Originally Posted by suvayanr
Has your flight been reticketed? The miles won’t be pulled till it is.
I have a ticket number. Both VS segments, one upgraded and one not, show ARPT. Both DL segments show OPEN. I can choose my Upper Class seat at VS's website. Not sure beyond that.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by C W
I have a ticket number. Both VS segments, one upgraded and one not, show ARPT. Both DL segments show OPEN. I can choose my Upper Class seat at VS's website. Not sure beyond that.
you may have gotten lucky... I have had cases where they haven’t pulled miles/certs. But if your ticket is up to date then you are good to go.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:36 am
C W
Original Poster

you may have gotten lucky... I have had cases where they haven’t pulled miles/certs. But if your ticket is up to date then you are good to go.
Would you just leave it and risk it at the airport rather than calling and trying to resolve?

It's very important to me to be in J on that segment.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by C W
Would you just leave it and risk it at the airport rather than calling and trying to resolve?

It's very important to me to be in J on that segment.
I would personally leave it for now and keep an eye on any changes and call only if I encountered any issues checking in at T-24.

But up up to you. If the miles aren’t worth much and you’d rather know it’s ok, I would call.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:14 am
C W
Original Poster

I would personally leave it for now and keep an eye on any changes and call only if I encountered any issues checking in at T-24.

But up up to you. If the miles aren’t worth much and you’d rather know it’s ok, I would call.
Thanks for the advice, I'll see if it updates over the next few days and then decide.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by C W
Thanks for the advice, I'll see if it updates over the next few days and then decide.
As long as the ticket shows you in the correct class I wouldn't worry. It's when the reservation shows you in upgraded class, but ticket shows you in lower that you need to worry.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:40 am
C W
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
As long as the ticket shows you in the correct class I wouldn't worry. It's when the reservation shows you in upgraded class, but ticket shows you in lower that you need to worry.
How do I differentially view the ticket and reservation?

I know that a reservation can exist unticketed, but I didn't know that there could be a divergence once ticketed.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by C W
How do I differentially view the ticket and reservation?

I know that a reservation can exist unticketed, but I didn't know that there could be a divergence once ticketed.
It can if they booked (reserved) the upgrade, but then never issued a new ticket. Most agents would issue the new ticket while talking with you. However some will simply book the upgrade and put the ticket in a queue to be reissued.

Pull up the receipt on delta.com. It'll show you what the ticket is ticketed as.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:58 am
C W
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
It can if they booked (reserved) the upgrade, but then never issued a new ticket. Most agents would issue the new ticket while talking with you. However some will simply book the upgrade and put the ticket in a queue to be reissued.

Pull up the receipt on delta.com. It'll show you what the ticket is ticketed as.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

You're ticketed for UC. Sounds like agent forgot to pull the miles. It may still happen, but you're ticketed for UC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.